Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bad batches of patches  (Read 1679 times)

Bo

Bad batches of patches
« on: October 04, 2018, 07:17:32 AM »

Hi Everyone
I have been on Evorel 75mcg for a while and doing ok. I was using 50mcg, one whole patch + one cut in half, and then got 75 mcg patches last prescription about 5 or 6 weeks ago. I have had lower energy levels for a while (but that could be due to other things i guess) but my main concern is that I am now having flushes and night sweats again.They have been gradually worsening over the few weeks, and I had them every 2 hours last night just as I used to before starting HRT. Is it possible to get a bad batch or even just a bad packet of patches?  ???

PS I have been to the chemist & got some 75mcg Estradot instead, just to see what happens  :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 01:30:34 PM by Bo »

wombat62

Re: Bad batches of patches
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 01:33:10 AM »

Maybe but I think your body still goes through cycles of levels of hormones, so even if you are on a steady dose your natural ones dip up and down. I think I'm on a down at the moment as have been feeling great for months and now night flushes are back :( ....

Rhiner

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 06:32:55 AM »

A similar thing happened to me was on 50 and a 25ug patch and switched to a full 75 patch and it was as if my E levels had dropped. I rode it out and it settled. There is no way that it could be a bad batch as they are rigorously tested and have to comply with a strict specification and each batch is assessed and passed by a Pharma QP. It also could be that the manual cutting could have made a slight difference, as to cut exactly into half may be v slightly different each time. Or, it could be as Wombat states your natural cycle kicking in.
Hope this helps a little,
Rhiner

Bo

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 09:25:05 AM »

Thanks both. The Boots pharmacist did say it was possible that either i was reacting to an added ingredient in the Evorel patch or that a 'bad' box/batch of patches may have slipped through the net, similar to when a patch falls off for no reason but the rest are ok. I prefer Estradot anyway (only had them once before due to supply issues) as they are small and i don't get skin irritation from them  :)