Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 737 times)

Staffymad

Advice please
« on: October 04, 2018, 08:48:01 PM »

I really need some advice please.  I'm 41 perimenopausal I've been on Femoston 1/10 for about 10months then over the last 2 months my mood has changed leaving me anxious and paranoid which makes no sense.  Strangely I feel better when I'm on the progesterone tablets?!
I've seen a gynecologist who has recommended I stop hrt and have bloods done in just over 2 months so he can see what's happening. However I'm torn as femoston has improved my migraines, hot sweats, hair loss and skin.  I've been recently given sertrinline which has calmed me down. What should I do especially as I thought bloods can be wrong re menopause? Should I just stay on the Femoston with the top up of sertrinine? Or risk feeling awful for the next 2 months?

Dancinggirl

Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 09:23:45 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM

It's good to do a review at this stage.  You are young so you need the HRT if your oestrogen levels are low and you need to protect you heart and bones. . I really wouldn't' have the Sertraline unless absolutely necessary.  The Mirena with separate oestrogen as gel or patch may be a better option for you as less progesterone is absorbed systemically and this might be better for you mood. Do discuss this with your gynaecologist.  keep us posted.  DG x