Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: .  (Read 2736 times)

Robin

« on: October 03, 2018, 11:29:57 AM »

« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 08:06:52 AM by Robin »

paisley

Re: Change of appointment venue and time is my reaction irrational?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 11:56:42 AM »

Nope you are not going mad. I find when I am hormonal every little thing is much much worse. Everything is so so much more effort. Today for instance I feel ok so got in the car to go looking for a table lamp. A few days ago that would have been totally impossible for me. My husband had a problem today & I could talk to him about it whereas the other day I wouldn't have coped at all. What I am trying to say is that at different times my reactions to things are much much worse. Xx

BlueButterfly

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 02:27:48 PM »

Honestly I would be upset to. Would that be irrational hormones or because I should be? I don't know. I don't always do well with sudden changing of my plans or "last minute" planning. I used to be better but I can't handle it anymore and get upset like you have. It's not so much if things work out or not, just how upsetting it is to deal with all the change/planning and emotional upset that goes into it. I can't handle the stress of it all these days.

paisley

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 02:31:41 PM »

Yes even though we take HRT we still have good times & bad & being hormonal just makes everything seem that bit worse. Another day the same thing mightn't have bothered you as much. Xx

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 03:31:29 PM »

Hello Robin.

I can totally relate to your plight. I went to a family wedding recently and got into such a state I thought I was having a breakdown. Completely irrational. I also experience extreme reactions that change from day to day. For example yesterday afternoon I felt fabulously calm and at peace with the world but this afternoon my jitters have ramped up and I'm on edge and tearful. My circumstances haven't altered in the last 48 hours so how can this be explained?

I've never really worried about my physical symptoms but I do fret about my emotional state and if it is hormonal I wish my HRT would be more effective than it has been so far!

I wish I had the solutions for us but rest assured that you are not alone.

Wishing you well.

K.

Poppi

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 07:26:44 PM »

Robin, your response to the changes re appointment + place are absolutely normal. As Kathleen says we all are up and down and it's not as simple as being able to predict these feelings, if only it were!
I think you feel like everyone else is sure of themselves with bags of confidence? This time last week I felt pathetic, low, the world's worst wife, mother, friend - did I have any friends anyway? Now for no reason I feel “normal” !
Hope you feel better soon, lots of hugs .
  Poppi x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 08:28:27 PM »

I am angry on your behalf.  These Clinicians have no idea how people get to Hospital appts. and you had made arrangements in order to cope.  Bugga .............. the alteration now takes away any semblance of control.

Will you go?

:foryou: mayB go anyway as a practice as your husband has time off work? 

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 07:51:47 PM »

If I had a pound for every time I over reacted over these horrendous years,
then I'd have a nice big pot of gold by now!
It is what it is, and every time I've gone over the top, I've felt so stupid afterwards,
and vowed NEVER to do it again, and even wondered WHY I was so ott, in the first place.
Sometimes I think it's a release  of something, (no wonder with this up hill struggle)
that makes me do it.....I've NEVER been an OTT kinda girl , ever, but now I am sometimes.

Don't beat yourself up over it Robin,
Sending    :bighug:  to you....

Xx           

Annie0710

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2018, 10:16:56 PM »

I haven't read all the responses but here's my thoughts:

Personally, if it's a time change only I would accept it, BUT you are not me, you are dealing with daily struggles so your worries are very justified for you.  During the worst of my social anxiety troubles I needed to know what time we were leaving, where we were going, and a rough idea of who was going.  It helped settle me. So I totally understand what you are saying

My advice would be to start writing down NOW anything you may want to discuss during your consult so that if you are anxious on the day you will be able to bring up things you may have forgotten

I really hope you manage the day and get your moneys worth from the consult. 

Ps:  when they changed the date and venue I really felt for you as you'd arranged accommodation and your husband had booked annual leave, that would put even the calmest person into a spin xx

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 12:40:34 PM »

'they' have NO idea! how alterations affect people!

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 05:02:48 PM »

Yep.  I HATE change of routine!  Usually I get through OK but the anticipation anxiety is awful.

JaneinPen

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2018, 07:40:58 AM »

Hi Robin, like the ladies before me I am sorry that you have got in to such a state over what could have been avoided by the clinic being more proactive.

You said in your thread that you are going ahead of time so as to be calm so it might be a good idea beforehand for your husband (if you don't feel up to it) to put the sat nav on and find parking close by to where you are going so that you know where you are going and have that worry taken care off and will therefore be feeling less stressed

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2018, 09:54:32 AM »

Our sat nav shows car parks on screen so we can plan B4 travelling ;-)

Ladybt28

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2018, 01:36:44 PM »

hey Robin - I used to be mega confident, see anyone, go anywhere, talk to anyone, I was always the go to person "oh ask Gill she'll talk to them and sort it out" uh uh, not anymore.  Im the same now with appointments which is bad news because I have to go to appointment and conferences for my job!  I do the same thing as you to a certain degree about doctors appointments and I think the reason is we have to wait so long to get them and tell someone our problems we feel like we only have one shot and if we blow it then we are going to have to wait another 3 weeks, or 3 months or 6 months before we can say what we want to say again!

You said that you feel like you are going to mess up because of the change.  It's not your fault and it's not you who has messed up. These professionals have no idea how many sleepless nights we have writing lists in our heads so that we get it right.  Its like we just have to sit around waiting to get our lives straight....Urgh.
Annie0710 has a good idea - start writing down stuff now and take it with you - you might feel a bit more in control.  :tulips:

JaneinPen

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2018, 07:56:55 AM »

If your husband is not going in with you anyway then getting dropped off outside is a perfect solution then you call once you are done. Less stress all round that way
Pages: [1] 2