Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Happy to be here! - trouble with my eyes!!  (Read 3996 times)

skydancer

Re: Happy to be here! - trouble with my eyes!!
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 12:55:31 PM »

Any news?

Hi Shadyglade and other friends - I now have an update on my eyes having been referred to the eye clinic at the hospital where I had my appt yesterday. So all the symptoms I spoke about (tired eyes / gritty / can't open them in the morning / teary eyes / light sensitive / bloodshot) are part of having dry eyes which the consultant confirmed was common in menopause. So nothing else to worry about - phew, that's a weight off my mind!! I now have to use prescription drops 6 times a day and a night time ointment too. He will see me again in 2  months time. There is no damage to the eyes and the eyesight has remained unaffected, it's all just the menopause.......... :D

I hope this information might be of use to anyone out there suffering similar symptoms out of the blue and feeling a bit panicky like I was! And I am really grateful to everyone who offered their thoughts and was interested in how I got on.

PS I am unfamiliar with using forums so my apologies for possibly not replying in the correct way to everybody..........!!

Thanks again for your interest and support everyone

Skydancer xx

Shadyglade

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2018, 01:27:11 PM »

Great news.  :)

Carolina

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2018, 08:18:23 AM »

Hi Skydancer

Please look into Omega 7, otherwise known as Sea Buckthorn. This is good for dry eyes and vaginal dryness.

Hope you can get some relief.

Carolina

Annie0710

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2018, 10:31:30 AM »

Thanks Carolina, I'm going through a really uncomfortable bout of dry eye x

Smokey1234

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2018, 01:21:26 PM »

Hi Skydancer

I suffer from terrible dry eyes ever since the menopause and did take see buckthorn for several months and they did help but since found out they should only be taken for three months  and then Should have a break but I can't remember why something like they're not very good for you long-term.
I also found the more you increase your oestrogen the words you're dry eyes where I currently use a hot bad place over your eyes several times a day for electronic one you can just plug-in it was on Amazon for about £15 I think I think you should maintain 40° temperature and these pads had anything from 20° up to 50 and different time limits too  I also found the more you increase your oestrogen the worse your dry eyes where I currently use a hot bag to place over your eyes several times a day for electronic one you can just plug-in it was on Amazon for about £15 I think I think you should maintain 40° temperature and these pads had anything from 20° up to 50 different time limit to . I also use gel eyedrops several times each day one other thing that makes it worse is cold weather air-conditioning central heating and certain foods .
 What really gets on my nerves is the fact that I love reading and reading for long periods again makes dry eyes even worse. I hope this helps.

Ann x

Annie0710

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2018, 04:36:51 PM »

Just to update (I started a thread) my dry eye Ian getting ridiculous and optician has referred me to the hospital where hopefully they will plug my tear ducts so more moisture stays in my eyes x
Pages: 1 [2]