Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Panic Attacks  (Read 2450 times)

BlueButterfly

Re: Panic Attacks
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2018, 02:28:06 PM »

Same here. It's very hard to enjoy the things I used to. Everything is based on the level of anxiety I have that day. I'm afraid to make plans in advance because I don't know if I'll be in a good state of mind that day. I have the 'as needed' anti-anxiety meds and having that near has helped. I always know I can take them if it gets really bad.

paisley

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2018, 02:32:02 PM »

I have Valerian for emergency. What does everyone else take for emergency panic & does it work?

BlueButterfly

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2018, 02:37:30 PM »

I have Xanax (Alprazolam). It works...I don't love it. I like the relaxed feeling but it makes me too tired. I sleep too deeply and have woke up with some bad pinched nerves. So if I take it, I have to be careful how I fall asleep. But it helps in an emergency.

paisley

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2018, 03:58:12 PM »

Thanks
I think I will get some in for emergencies only. I really need something. Xx

Bradenton69

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2018, 10:46:33 AM »

This might sound silly but do any of you feel like you are going to faint???

Happened again last night when we were out for dinner with friends.  Didnt know if I was going to faint or be sick.

Also sitting at work and my stomach is turning over and over with anxiety!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2018, 01:07:45 PM »

It's horrid. 

I begin by feeling sick.  Light headed maybe.  If there is tension it may radiate to the neck also if one over-breaths when anxious, it can make the head feel dizzy. 

Why worry about becoming addicted  :-\ - if the medication works, use it.  You are unlikely to need more because you get relief.  I know some here don't agree with me but used as prescribed, it works.  I have an addictive, obsessive personality so know I must be careful but I have never had problems with needing more.

What is absolutely the worse time, if I didn't take it when anxiety floored me I would be dead. Knowing that it works for me, within 25-40 mins. means that I don't need to take 'too' much.

I also had the sensation of falling forwards when in a theatre as the lights dimmed B4 a performance.  I had to stop going to the theatre  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]