Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: UTI or sensitive bladder? Anxiety really high.  (Read 2630 times)

suzysunday

UTI or sensitive bladder? Anxiety really high.
« on: September 30, 2018, 03:23:32 PM »

I have VA and have been on hrt but off it for 2 months after post meno bleeding.  I've had a biopsy and taking ages to get things sorted which  I've posted on here about.   My problem now is 10 days ago I got cystisis and didn't get any antibiotics for a few days because urine test did not show any nitrates, not that I understand that.   Although the worse has gone, like the  bleeding and pain, I still feel like weeing a lot.  I've nearly finished 6 days of antibiotics but don't feel right.   I have  just frightened myself again by reading terrible reports about the  antibiotics I am taking.  My body is a bag of nerves and I can't relax and don't know if it's nerves making me want to wee.  I have had times the last week when I felt OK then it comes back.  Don't want to go back to docs. Frightened all the time since the bleeding and biopsy and really struggling with everything.  Please can anyone advise.  I don't want any more antibiotics.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: UTI or sensitive bladder? Anxiety really high.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 03:25:04 PM »

Was a fresh urine sample sent to a Lab. for testing?

If you have VA then you need localised treatment, i.e. Ovestin or Vagifem.  Hot foot it to the Surgery and ask for treatment!  Antibiotics should not be prescribed unless the wee sample has 'grown' a bug!! and your GP should know that. 

Obviously the message still isn't getting through  :'(

suzysunday

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 03:37:35 PM »

Yes a sample was sent to be tested by the nurse and that was when I was given the antibiotics.  That was Tuesday so there must have been something there.  I've been told not to use the ovestin till the biopsy sorted but I think I will have to. I do have some. I'm driving myself and my poor parather mad.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 03:55:22 PM »

Get that treatment up there Girl  ;) ......... every night for 2 weeks, what have you been given?  If it's Vagifem you may need two doses each night at a time for the 1st week as it is quite a weak preparation.

Let us know how you get on.

suzysunday

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 04:24:20 PM »

I have ovestin that I was given along with Tibolone. I stopped the tib and the pmb stopped.  Because the biopsy results and the time waiting is all taking so long I've been off all treatment for 2 months cos they said not to use anything till results.  I'm still waiting. I have ovestin in hand from before so I think you are right and I should use some. I cant go on like this.

suzysunday

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 06:03:02 PM »

Has anyone experienced a greenish discharge from using ovestin internally. I have used in past no problem  now tried a couple of times and got this discharge. It does not smell but can anyone help again please!

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 07:08:22 PM »

This is negligence!  No patient should be denied treatment.  There should not be a reason why you should have not started appropriate treatment once the biopsy had been taken. Results should not take that long either!  Have you rung the Lab. directly to find out?  Where was the biopsy taken, perhaps get in touch with them, i.e. GP surgery or at the Dept.. 

Discharge will be clear.  Greenish may be the sign of infection internally so your Practice Nurse ought to take a look. 

suzysunday

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 07:22:32 PM »

Biopsy inconclusive and they want  to repeat the process but i can't face another so waiting for vaginal scan again which the gynae reluctantly agreed to.  been told to use shop bought lubes in the meantime but they are not so effective.  Thought I would just try out some ovestin .  Why would the discharge just appear a few hors after using ovestin but no other time do you think?

Katejo

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2018, 07:27:57 PM »

I have VA and have been on hrt but off it for 2 months after post meno bleeding.  I've had a biopsy and taking ages to get things sorted which  I've posted on here about.   My problem now is 10 days ago I got cystisis and didn't get any antibiotics for a few days because urine test did not show any nitrates, not that I understand that.   Although the worse has gone, like the  bleeding and pain, I still feel like weeing a lot.  I've nearly finished 6 days of antibiotics but don't feel right.   I have  just frightened myself again by reading terrible reports about the  antibiotics I am taking.  My body is a bag of nerves and I can't relax and don't know if it's nerves making me want to wee.  I have had times the last week when I felt OK then it comes back.  Don't want to go back to docs. Frightened all the time since the bleeding and biopsy and really struggling with everything.  Please can anyone advise.  I don't want any more antibiotics.
Which AB have you been taking? I have recently had similar probs and have been trying Vagifem for the first time. I still may take  a urine sample in this week to be absolutely sure that there is no infection at the moment.

suzysunday

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2018, 07:35:24 PM »

Been taking nitrofurantoin but makes me feel awful, bad headaches etc.  But I did try the ovestin a few weeks ago before the antibiotics and still got green discharge.  I was on ovestin a couple of years ago before the pmb and biopsy with no problems,  likewise vagifem.

suzysunday

Re: UTI or sensitive bladder? Anxiety really high.now green discharge
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2018, 07:42:50 PM »

Best get it checked out. I have usually been prescribed trimethoprim for cystisis which is not so vicious I think.

Katejo

Re: UTI or sensitive bladder? Anxiety really high.now green discharge
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2018, 09:44:03 PM »

Best get it checked out. I have usually been prescribed trimethoprim for cystisis which is not so vicious I think.
Trimethroprim is usually my first choice but didn't work this time. I refuse to take nitrofurantoin. It makes me feel really ill and usually doesn't work.

suzysunday

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2018, 07:41:17 AM »

never had it before but its horrible. I will not take it again.

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2018, 08:25:21 AM »

Start the treatment.  Delay the procedure.  This condition will not settle without appropriate treatment.

Once the symptoms settle one can consider if the procedure is, in fact, necessary.  Those clinicians that tell patients to stop treatment/s because X, Y, Z have never suffered!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2018, 08:55:15 AM »

suzysunday - here are my thoughts: 
They should test your urine again to be on the safe side - if there is an infection then this must be treated, however UTI type symptoms are common with urogenital atrophy.  Your vaginal flora is probably off balance and you may well have bacterial vaginitis, which is very common after using antibiotics, so you need to get that whole area healthy again. The strange discharge (which could also be smelly) and the bladder irrational can all be aggravated by this bacteria. Bladder pressure and the constant need to pee is common with urogenital atrophy.
Definitely use the Ovestin again (although Vagifem would be better) and I assume you use some form of vaginal moisturiser?  SYLK or the YES products are best (buy these online) but you mustn't use these at the same time as the oestrogen treatment or it can effect absorption. So oestrogen treatment at night and moisturisers in the morning and during the day.
To treat and prevent BV and thrush, I find Multi Gyn Actigel is brilliant - you can buy this online. This will restore the flora balance if used for a few days 2-3 times and day.  I just put a good dollop on the end of my finger and push this up inside and around the outside 3 times a day for 5-6 days and I then use this a couple of times a week to maintain a healthy flora. I cannot understand why Multi Gyn Actigel is not prescribed by GPs as I think it is very effective and very safe to use.

Avoid caffeine, fruit juices and alcohol but drink lots of water. To neutralise the urine if you feel burning or UTI type symptoms I drink a glass of water with half a teaspoon of bicarb of soda morning and evening for 2-3 days ( I add a small amount of cordial to make this palatable).
Eat lots of veg and fibre but avoid too much sugar and eat live yogurt and things that improve the gut flora.
You also need to do some relaxation techniques to help calm your anxiety - I personally think anxiety fuels so many things - so be kind to yourself. DG x
Pages: [1] 2