Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: My Best Friend  (Read 1079 times)

Dancing Queen

My Best Friend
« on: September 26, 2018, 10:22:25 AM »

Hi All, I`ve been in peri for years without too much bother until the last few months where everything fell apart and I eventually started HRT which has helped quite a lot. My best friend is 5 years younger than me, has just started having irregular periods the last few months. She`s been ok till this month and suddenly seems to have been hit by a truck. Normally the happiest most energetic person in the world she suddenly feels crap and weepy and achey and sleepless .... we all know how it goes! Should I urge her to go and see the Dr and ask for HRT or is it a bit early for her to start, I`m not sure if you are only supposed to take it towards the end of peri or after meno? I want to help her cos I don`t want her turning into the me of a few months back, a sobbing hysterical mess! 

NorthArm

Re: My Best Friend
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 10:25:59 AM »

Encourage her to see the doctor. It won't hurt xx

paisley

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 02:33:11 PM »

Definitely see GP

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 08:07:36 PM »

Defo go see GP.
She's got you too, for good advice...
Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 08:08:37 PM »

Or a Practice Nurse. Make sure that the GP has an interest in womens' problems if possible. 

Maybe make a list of symptoms to take long and keep a mood/food/symptom diary.  HRT can protect heart and bones and do warn her about the vaginal atrophy!

Dancing Queen

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 09:24:36 AM »

Thanks everyone I`ll tell her to get her ass along to the docs when I see her later. Unfortunately she`s with a different surgery to me so I can`t send her to the Dr who at last agreed to put me on HRT instead of AD`s....thanks to this forum I stuck up for what knew I needed!  :)