Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Red bruise patch under eye. HRT?  (Read 1478 times)

ali 61

Red bruise patch under eye. HRT?
« on: September 26, 2018, 03:01:25 PM »

I am on Evorel Conti patches. (Just over 4 weeks) Nothing else new in my health history, and the dr did blood test prior to me starting the HRT and all was ok.

Today I looked in the mirror and saw a red patch, almost like a bruise, under my left eye, where you normally get the dark circles.

It looks like a bruise but is red. I went to the pharmacy and the male pharmacist said he doesnt know what it is, but to see my dr if it doesnt go away!! Not very helpful.

Googled it and it comes up as Purpura or Petechiae?

Has anybody else had these and can give me some advice or info? Is it due to the HRT?

racjen

Re: Red bruise patch under eye. HRT?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 03:41:07 PM »

OMG I've had the exact same experience today - the skin under my eye felt a bit sore, when I looked in the mirror there's dark red patch (like a blood blister), roughly 1cm across spreading from the inner corner. Doesn't hurt, I haven't knocked it or anything. I'm on Evorel patches and Utrogestan. I have no idea if there's a connection or it's complete coincidence, but it looks quite alarming...

ali 61

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 04:25:03 PM »

Racjen. You have exactly described mine. Same size and position. How long have you been on the HRT please?
I was only on 1/2 a patch, but increased to a full patch on Tuesday and the Red bruise came up today.
Coincidence???

racjen

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 04:48:05 PM »

I've been on it for about a year.

racjen

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 04:36:05 PM »

Thanks for letting me know ali - I'll ask my GP about it, but as long as it isn't harmful I'm not going to be reducing my estrogen, right now my mental health relies on it way too much. To be honest I'm way more concerned that in my case there's a tiny possibility it could be more serious; I had chemotherapy for breast cancer in 2016, and in a very very small number of cases it can cause leukaemia, and purpura can be a sign of that. Not allowing myself to panic right now though - will see GP on Monday x
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 04:40:30 PM by racjen »