Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does " meno brain " get worse if you worry about it ?  (Read 4127 times)

lemondrop

Re: Does " meno brain " get worse if you worry about it ?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2018, 04:04:46 PM »

Yes I could definitely cry ...was 90 % normal yesterday and a bit relieved , not so good today , been flushing too and I am bit worried this hrt isn't going to work for me  :( but I've only been on it a couple of weeks so will give it more time ...

Lemondrop xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2018, 04:39:42 PM »

It's The Change - does what it says on the tin!

RubyLove

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2018, 05:01:02 PM »

What I would like to know is whether any one thinks their Meno brain improved after they started HRT. I am only 3 weeks in and it hasn't helped. The only other person I know on HRT after 3 months days she still has the same level of brain fog.

Poppi

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2018, 02:03:18 PM »

I am so pleased to have found this thread and to feel reassured that I'm not alone. Recently I've been unable to stop crying once I start and wonder if stronger HRT could help? The only difference I've noticed that HRT makes (after 14 months) is no more constant hot flushes, it hasn't helped with meno-fog or meno-memory but I'd hate to have to suffer hot-flushes again  :'(

Does anyone else feel they are either rushing around very, very busy or have a chance to relax but find worrying, often about very little, overtakes the relaxing feeling? Or maybe I'm just a moaning-minnie?
 Poppi x

lemondrop

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2018, 02:21:31 PM »

Oh no sorry that you're still suffering . On reflection I think I may have had the fog for quite a while , just hadn't put two and two together ( probably due to the fog lol )  It got worse recently and as I am approaching twelve months wi th no loss whatsoever ,  I think my hormones are at an all time low at the moment. So am hoping for some improvement , there has been a bit , it comes and goes . I honestly feel drunk and hungover at the same time sometimes , with none of the nice bit ! I do silly little mistakes often . Getting used to it now .  :-\

Lemondrop xx

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2018, 07:45:13 PM »

I haven't read all of this thread but just to say for anyone on HRT and still suffering from brain fog ( foggy-head?), if you are on continuous combined HRT then the progestogen you are taking could be the culprit as it can cause these sdie effects - I know I get foggy headed when I'm on the prog part of my cycle (12 days every 6-8 weeks) and no way could I take it all the time. Just a thought as a possible explanation for some women anyway!

Hurdity x

lemondrop

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2018, 08:07:28 PM »

I was foggy pre HRT - it's what made me see the gp xxx

Roseneath

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2018, 05:00:39 PM »

My brain fogs comes and goes no matter what regime I have been on in the last 3 years.  Two days ago I felt terrible,  I would have taken anything. Now I feel fine; all the anxiety gone. I have had this pattern for three years now. Mostly every 6-8 weeks I get a 4-5 days of anxiety/dizzy/off/poor sleep feeling. I have found nothing to stop these episodes and all the GP (Eight in total I have seen now) can say is that it is ' fluctuating hormones' . Really pees me off why science can't be more specific as we all seem to have these OK  then Bleeding Awful days no matter what we are popping/pumping/doing etc.

lemondrop

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2018, 05:27:36 PM »

Well I've had the dire lack of concentration for a month to varying degrees at points during the day , feels horrible then it will suddenly go for a bit . Very annoying, really pees me off . Just want it gone  >:( . Hate it so much . Could cry . Sorry feeling sorry for myself and anxious . Going to try put it all out of mind and watch strictly now . Xxx

Roseneath

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2018, 07:19:11 PM »

Hi lemondrop. I really sympathise. My Peri has been a two year slog of worry and anxiety with one symptom after another, GP trip after another. I sometimes get in such a state a can feel the panic rising. It feels like the end of the world. Taking deep breathes helps and the feelings always shift. At the moment I have these vertigo like feelings, a bit like car sickness; not exactly dizzy. GP has already done bloods and testing BP but puts it down to anxiety or / and inner ear virus. I have had it before a few years ago but I find I just dwell 100% on this new symptom wanting it to go. My last resort is to go down the sertraline (AD) route which a few GPs have offered. I feel sometimes this is the end of the line option but part of me just wants a rest from the anxiety. Huge to you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2018, 08:12:40 PM »

I have various medications daily and have had a 'hung over' feeling for years, better than the alternative though  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]