Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Periods longer and more often  (Read 1346 times)

Mummytron

Periods longer and more often
« on: September 23, 2018, 06:34:32 PM »

New to this.
Been Peri for 3 years but I think it's really settling in now. Always been regular and now I'm on again 2 weeks after my last period. Its day 8 now. Is this normal?

Taz2

Re: Periods longer and more often
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 08:07:22 PM »

Hi mummytron. Yes it's normal to experience changes in cycle length and frequency. You can also have big variations in the heaviness of the period too as the hormones fluctuate. It's strange at first when it all begins to change.

Are you experiencing other meno symptoms?

You will find loads of info, support and friendship on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Mummytron

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 08:54:54 PM »

Hi
I've had insomnia, migraines, palpitations and hot moments for a while now. Periods have been so much heavier too.

Roseneath

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 10:32:25 AM »

Hi Mummytron . The first symptom of Peri for me was longer periods which petered in and out (10-12 days some of them all in) with the normal 5 days having more brownish stuff either side. Also mid cycle brown gunk or stringy gunk which apparently coincides with ovulation. I was very worried about all these changes so went to the GP. They said it was Peri but would also probably do some basic checks e.g. up to date smear test. I had a very small cyst which disappeared and I don't think was anything to do with the new period pattern.  I have had similar patters for 3 years now . Some months I will skip a period or it will be every 6 weeks. A few times very heavy for a few days. It is a worry after being so regular for 30 years but I have come to realise that there is no ' normal' in pattern and it is just hormone fluctuation.

Mummytron

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 03:13:17 PM »

I think this website is going to be my saviour!
Yes mine have been mostly regular but very heavy of late but this period has come at ovulation time. I thought it was a mid cycle spotting but turned into a 9 day (so far) period. Started off brown then very heavy then brown again. By this time of day it turns red a bit