Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: How long does evorel conti patch take to kick in ? HELP !  (Read 10051 times)

lemondrop

How long does evorel conti patch take to kick in ? HELP !
« on: September 24, 2018, 08:43:21 PM »

Hello All,

Started said patch about 10 days ago ( although had a false start before this with sticking issues - now hopefully solved ) .

Had few days of feeling much better , far fewer flushes , better sleep and more clarity of thought . Anyway today it's all back along with the awful " Am I dying " anxiety ......

I' m hoping that this is a blip  :-\ . Has anyone else experienced this ?.? Even as I type this I'm bluddy flushing  >:( and my absent mindedness has been awful today !

Do your own hormone fluctuations affect Hrt at this early stage ? Any thoughts ladies ? Help !

Thank you in advance

Lemondrop xxxxx

Dancinggirl

Re: How long does evorel conti patch take to kick in ? HELP !
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 08:55:09 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM

Conti HRTs can be harder to tolerate. You are starting on a medium dose as well so the body is getting quite a big hit from the outset. I believe it's better to start with a sequi HRt for a few months so you can tell if the progesterone suits you or not. It does take a few weeks to adjust and settle with any HRt so see how it goes over the next couple of months and if things don't improve then you may need to try different HRt regime.  DG x

Crafty Kaz

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 09:05:50 PM »

Hi Lemondrop
Sorry to hear you are suffering anxiety is the pits, it was one of my worse meno symptoms but thankfully hrt has now put a stop to it! Any hrt can take a while to kick in properly, my advice would be to stick with it for 3 months if u can! I've chopped and changed since starting hrt in March this year & don't think it did me any favours ... you may well find that the norethisterone in the Evorel Conti doesn't agree with you as some ladies find it hard to tolerate, I know I did. I tried it for 3 months but on the sequi version & it made me really grumpy & depressed which isn't me at all, eventually I settled on evorel 50 & utrogestan & feeling much better.
Hope you feel better very soon, you will get a lot of support & advice on this forum ... just ask away!
Much love Kaz

lemondrop

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 09:22:36 PM »

Thanks ladies -

Just disappointed as was hoping to get rid of my brain fog - am sooo absent minded which is starting to really worry me and the anxiety doesn't help . Tiredness exacerbates it and it's all a vicious cycle I guess ....I feel I make silly little mistakes all day long .
Does it ever end ? I fear being this way or worse from now on  :'(

Crafty Kaz

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 10:04:12 PM »

Lemondrop
It will get better, just give it time. I know it's hard when you are feeling rubbish, I felt the same but with the right regime you will feel better very soon I'm sure. Feel free to pm me if you want any support I will do my best to help as I've managed to overcome my anxiety after 7 months of hormonal hell.
Big hugs
Kaz xx

ali 61

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 08:43:48 AM »

Lemondrop. I am new to HRT and have started on Evorel Conti patches as well.
The 1st week was ok, no flushes or sweats and better sleep. But then I got terrible stomach cramps.
So my GP told me to cut the patch in half for a few weeks...which I have done for 3 weeks.
The stomach cramps have settled, so last night I put on a full patch. I shall see how it goes.If the cramps come back, I'll go back down to 1/2 a patch.

I think anything new needs time for your body to adjust. My GP wants me to try these for 3 months.
I did seem to keep waking with tense muscles and anxiety, which wasnt normal for me. But that has all stopped too.

Try 1/2 a patch and build up slowly if you are concerned? xx