Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Facial spots ... get more now that I did in my teens ...  (Read 1410 times)

Witch hazel

Facial spots ... get more now that I did in my teens ...
« on: October 05, 2018, 01:42:11 PM »

I work as a Receptionist and getting really down with my facial spots at the moment ... fed up with having crusty lumps on my nose and chin, feel I look like a right freak at times.  And if I accidentally knock or scratch one, especially on my nose, they bleed profusely - had to sit outside supermarket with a tissue pressed on my nose for over 10 minutes this week, before I felt safe to go in and not frighten small children ... not Haloween for a few weeks yet ...    I use light natural mineral makeup and gentle/sensitive remover/wipes and a very light moisturiser as I need something on the drier patches otherwise I just flake everywhere.  Even though my "monthlies" are far from regular now, I get a spotty flare up around once a month, and when I do actually get a period, its 10 times worse.  They are really sore sometimes too.  Anyone got any hints or tips of regimes they have found to help reduce them.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 01:44:10 PM by Witch hazel »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Facial spots ... get more now that I did in my teens ...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 02:38:54 PM »

Stop all facial products for 3 months.  Use warm water on your skin with a clean flannel daily.  I have found that Rimmel stick [? Hide and Heal >] which covers spots useful until I bought the wrong shade  >:(  ::) ......

Give your skin a rest.  Let the air get to it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 05:12:58 PM »

Mine are below the surface of the skin.  I can feel them.  Then they itch so then I have to have a 'go' at them  ::)

lollipop

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 07:53:25 PM »

Oh yes defo i got acne rosacea it does my bloody head in looks like i am a alcoholic my nose chin cheeks are red n lumpy got some good bb cream which helps people say they dont notice but i know its there n it itches as well  i feel for u xx

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 08:00:44 PM »

Have you tried any treatments lollipop? I've had a good result recently from taking a low dose of an antibiotic called Lymecycline - or something like that! Take it for three months then have three months off. It got rid of all of the lumps, bumps, crustiness, itching etc. It's beginning to come back now three months down the line so I've got a new prescription to pick up. My son has just been prescribed it too for the acne type spots he gets on his shoulders.

Taz x

BlueButterfly

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 01:17:38 AM »

I tend to spot treat the spots that come up. Luckily, for now, they've been mild. I don't have any magic treatment, sorry. My poor teenage son has had bad acne but we've been able to help it quite a bit. Tea tree soap helped for a bit. The Neutrogena light therapy mask has been amazing! My daughter has one as well and it helps with her red cheeks (think I need one for that!) I use coconut oil on my face fir moisturizer and clean with St Ives apricot scrub. It's helped me when nothing else did. But I know it won't work for everyone. I had to use some really intense stuff when I was a teenager.

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 02:04:27 PM »

Hi
I certainly know how you feel.  I have suffered cystic acne since my late teens. The pill controlled it for years, but after stopping that at 32 wow what an explosion (tmi, lol). I went on Rouaccatane in the end it was that bad.
Fast forward to the start of peri and it really flared, hrt had calmed it down but not completely.
My treatments= rentinoids in cream form (prescription). Never use any so called cleansing products on your face, they all dry it out so more grease gets pupped out to block. Best cleaner , a wet flannel and give it a good rubbing- and an ordinaty moisturiser.
Most, no in fact all over the counter stuff will make it worse, with the execptions of tea tree, which hazel and benzoyl peroxide.

lorrim3001

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 05:33:30 PM »

Hi, I was diagnosed with rosacea and given Doxycycline once daily for a very long time.  On the positive side it did help massively, but the niggling side effects of the antibiotics were as annoying in the long term.  I do occasionally have to go back to taking them when it gets really bad.  I work in the "front line" as well and I couldn't find the courage to go make up free at work, I would be greeting the clients looking like a pizza lol!  I think sometimes mother nature has a wharped sense of humour, letting us away with the odd teenage pimple then coming back years later showing us who is really boss with the peri/menopause. 😡xx