Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1/10 - one month in.....  (Read 2270 times)

alibeau

Femoston 1/10 - one month in.....
« on: September 21, 2018, 02:47:07 PM »

Hello Ladies!

I'm glad to report a positive update from me!

I've just completed my first month on Femoston 1/10 and so far so good.  I had a slightly upset tummy for the fortnight or so but that's settled.  I've also had the odd mild hot flush during the month but nothing major.....

I've also been using Yes Organic VM every night and that has really helped 'downstairs'  ;D with some dryness and feeling I needed to wee too often.

I've been sleeping like a log and my face looks more like me again! Not sure if it's down to the HRT or just getting some sleep!

All of this comes with a huge caveat of course which is, my symptoms have been intermittent over the past 18 months so I am keeping everything crossed that it is the HRT doing it's job and not just a horrid coincidence.

I've also kind of got my head around the fact that this is an ever changing situation and I just need to do the best I can to deal with any new and horrid symptoms that are thrown at me....

I hope this post might just give a glimmer of hope to those who are still suffering  :)

Thanks for all your support over the past few months.

Ali x

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Femoston 1/10 - one month in.....
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 03:58:14 PM »

Alibeau,
So glad your starting to feel better, I'm on femoston too, the conti one,
and after adjusting the dosage a few times I think I've finally found the dose that suits me.
I'm also on Sandrena gel too, for an oestrogen boost.which I started this month.
I think, after trying patches, which didn't suite me at all, femoston is the best for me.

Long may it last for you, it's so nice when we hear that someone is getting through the bad stuff.

Keep us informed, good luck,

Jd xx.  :congrats:

Rosie63

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 05:45:48 PM »

Pleased to hear your positive message Alibeau.  Long may it continue....😊

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 07:03:13 PM »

Yep, same for me.
I love the stuff- didn't realise how bad stuff had got until I started the hrt. It has been truly life changing. I have upped now to the 2/10 and the returning symptoms have gone again- my gp has said if they start creeping back they will top oestrogen iwth gel or patch.
Another gp (bloke) asked my how long i would be planning on taking it
There is only one answer as far as i am concerned
This rest of my life - of course- duh (well not the duh bit)

alibeau

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 07:20:25 PM »

Thanks for your replies and praying that I haven't jinxed myself by posting positive news  ;)

Also meant to say that I have started spotting today, I take my last grey tablet tomorrow so I am presuming that is to be expected....

Thanks again.

Ali x

alibeau

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 05:16:55 PM »

Well, I am now almost a week into the grey tablets, month 2....

I am having the odd proper flush here and there but I have started spotting today which is not great as over a week of the grey tablets to go.........

:-\

I have a review booked with the GP for early Nov....

Ali x

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 08:19:25 AM »

If you are peri-menopausal then your own cycle may well come into play sometimes and you can get bleeding at the "wrong time". This should settle eventually as you body acclimatises. Good idea to have a review to discuss how it's all going. Hopefully you are feeling better overall on the HRT than off it?

Hurdity x

alibeau

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 11:25:32 AM »

Thank you Hurdity....

I guess I presumed that as my periods were hit and miss previously (I am 46 and peri) the most I would expect to bleed would be once a month for a few days....

I am feeling much better in myself but am now starting to wonder if I felt so good last month due to my own hormones rather than the HRT?

Equally, this month I have felt like the hot flushes are trying to return but they haven't, I'm only having the odd one here and there so perhaps the HRT is doing it's job on that front!

At the moment I would certainly say better with HRT than without!

Thanks again.

Ali x