Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Tibolone and testim gel  (Read 1689 times)

Sphere27

Tibolone and testim gel
« on: September 21, 2018, 02:41:27 PM »

Hi
Anyone on tibolone and testim gel. Meno clinic dr not willing to give me gel while on tibolone. Wants me to change to higher oestrogen. I get on very well with tibolone after trying many. But libido still big issue. She reluctantly gave me two tubes of testim but said if I need more will need to change my hrt as tibolone has androgens and not wanting to add more testosterone! My friend is on both from same clinic but different dr!!
Anyone any experience i this?

Hurdity

Re: Tibolone and testim gel
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 04:55:43 PM »

I must say I would find it odd to add more testosterone to this product - this would be very much off licence. I would be worried about androgenic effects dominating. Personally - since this product (Tibolone) is supposed to help with libido, then if it's not working, I would tend to go for regular (bio-identical) HRT along with a small amount of T gel - as your meno clinic doc suggested. Very strange that the same clinic has different policies though....is this an NHS or private one?

Hurdity x

Sooze

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 07:20:51 PM »

I'm on Tibolone and Tostran, which is stronger than Testim. The dose that works for me is very small. 1 pump is 0.5g of gel which is 10mg of Testosterone. I'm using 0.1g of gel every 3-4 days which I think is 2mg or 4mg per week, if my maths is correct so take it slowly.   That small amount has really made a difference to libido and muscle/joint pain.
HTH.

Sphere27

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 08:23:32 AM »

Hurdity
This is the nhs meno clinic.
Thanks ladies for your replies.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 07:10:46 PM »

Interesting Sooze that even with that tiny amount of T in addition to the Tibolone you notice a difference. Are you noticing any androgenic effects at all - I presume not?

Thanks Sphere27  - there really needs to be more research to enable better prediction of outcome of long term use of T in relation to other HRT and greater consistency amongst medical professionals!

Hurdity x

Sooze

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 03:49:58 PM »

Hurdity,
No, no androgenic effects at all, unless you count a returned sense of direction when driving, which I lost somewhere in my 30's  ;D

I think I'm very sensitive to small amounts of T. I had a big response when I first went on Tibolone, which evened out over the first 6m or so.  The improvement in knee and muscle pain since starting Testosterone is pretty amazing.  I couldn't get a pair of tights on in the morning before, now no problem and down the gym 3-4 times a week.

It has taken almost 6m for the improvement though and I think the early problems I had was due to too high a dose for me.  I now know how I feel when I'm a bit over T'd and that's when I leave a 4 day gap between doses.  It's sorting my symptoms so I'm very happy. 

Sphere27

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 08:13:06 AM »

Thank you
Just wish I hadn't had conflicting info from clinic as dr gave my friend no prob with tibolone but I've got to change if want to continue! I'm so loathe to change as it took me so long to find a hrt that I could take with minimal side effects.
Not sure what to do. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 05:00:54 PM »

Perhaps discuss further with your doc when you go back and mention that your friend has been given different advice? Different gynaes often have their own take on things though especially if it's something off-licence.

Hurdity x

Sphere27

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 10:12:22 AM »

Thanks Hurdity
Will do but she has passed this back to gp with these instructions!!
Will need to make another appoint at clinic to discuss as my gp won't have a clue about testosterone!! Next appoint in new year 🤷🏻‍♀️