Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Palpitations  (Read 1809 times)

Mummytron

Palpitations
« on: September 30, 2018, 08:47:42 PM »

How many of you get these due to Peri of menopause please?

mabel64

Re: Palpitations
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 09:14:26 PM »

Hi mummytron

I get palpitations several times a day, have had ecgs which are normal so  i think they may be a menopausal thing...though I am also on medication which I think lists palpItations as a side effect

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 10:49:31 PM »

I have been bothered by them from the age of 48, last period at 51, on HRT now and it has definitely reduced them.
I have had ECG and EHCO and all fine, one cardiologist said it was the brain making sense of what happened in the day and another one said it was because I am carrying a few extra pounds, my GP said it was due to hormones, I tend to believe in that explanation!

SueLW

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 11:45:44 PM »

Brain making sense of the day!  Really?!  What are these doctors taking?

And of course, the obligatory fat shaming option got used as well. 

Of course it's hormones doing it!  My palpitations were worse before I went onto Levothyroxine for hypothyroidism.  And better still after starting HRT.  I suspect if I can get my thyroid optimised and work out if I need 3 or 4 pumps of Estrogel a day to be optimal, they will all but disappear.

Bluebell

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 06:10:44 AM »

I have had palpitations on and off since I became post menopausal 5 years ago. Last week I went down to the doctors having woken during the night with them but by the time I got the ecg (fourth one to date) they had gone. I then got the monitor on last weekend for 72 hours and blow me not one
palpitation.

Then they started around 8pm last night and have gone on all night and I still have them. I didn't get one minute of sleep. I get very anxious with them too. They happen so randomly - definetely the worst meno symptom.

I was given beta blockers to take a while ago and have resisted taking them but I think today's the day to start. I'm not on HRT. I take magnesium, cod liver oil capsules with vitamin D and B complex.

Also just sent for Ashwaghandha tablets which are seemingly good if you have too much cortisol?
Has anyone tried these tablets?  I'd be interested to hear if anyone has. 😉

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 06:28:37 AM »

Mine started age 40, but I didn't start peri until 45, I had a 24 hr monitor fitted at 40 and diagnosed with arrhythmia.  At peri they went ridiculous and throughout since being Post.  I had another 24 hr monitor and they called me back mentioning ablation.  Turned out to be just arrhythmia again thank god.  They're horrible though, my beats go from 40-140 but top reading to my knowledge is 199bpm.  They seem to have calmed down In recent months x

Rosie63

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 07:19:35 AM »

Hi, yes I suffer with palpitations and nausea which appear to be linked. I'm convinced this is caused by the actual HRT I'm currently taking because I didn't have it before and I'm not sure if it's because the dosage is too high or I'm not getting enough oestrogen. I'm trying to stick with it to see if it settles but if it doesn't I will be trying yet ANOTHER regime 😞

Rosie63 x