Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Strictly come Menopause  (Read 2008 times)

Hinari hot flush

Strictly come Menopause
« on: September 22, 2018, 04:12:13 PM »

Tonight strictly returns to UK TV screens on BBC 1 and the number of menopausal women associated with the show is phenomenal. Its great to us older women represented on high profile Saturday night TV. Kate Silverton has admitted shes at the stage in life (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6149391/Strictly-Dancings-KATE-SILVERTON-dress-dance-routine-magic-marriage.htm) and i would imagine Tess is joining her as she's 49 and Claudia wont be far away. Also Susannah Constantine and Shirley Ballas are in their 50s. Really hope they will be role models for all of who are struggling as I couldnt imagine having a hot flush on TV in front of millions. I get embarrassed getting sweaty in Tesco ;)

SueLW

Re: Strictly come Menopause
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 07:29:56 PM »

I imagine most of them are on HRT, they can afford private gynaes.

Let's face it, for a women in the media/TV/film/theatre/music/modelling, it's actually essential that they be on HRT.  Their very livelihoods depend on it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 09:40:15 PM »

I quite enjoyed the opening routines.  Poor Anton  :'(  :-\

There is no way that I could walk across a floor in those heels  ;D and certainly wouldn't be upright if I tried to dance ...........

Who is to Win then? 

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 11:29:53 PM »

I imagine most of them are on HRT, they can afford private gynaes.

Let's face it, for a women in the media/TV/film/theatre/music/modelling, it's actually essential that they be on HRT.  Their very livelihoods depend on it.

Although many women don't have a bad menopause and have very few symptoms. They tend not to post on forums such as this one as they have no need to seek out info and help. It's easy to forget that sometimes especially when HRT is the only thing that keeps me functioning!

Taz x

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 04:59:41 PM »

I quite enjoyed the opening routines.  Poor Anton  :'(  :-\

There is no way that I could walk across a floor in those heels  ;D and certainly wouldn't be upright if I tried to dance ...........

Who is to Win then?
  Every time i watch it, i think that I couldn't possibly do it in stiletto shoes. It would be easier to be a man. Just recently I heard that the female celebrities prefer to do much of the training in comfy footwear but this is discouraged because they need to perform in high heels. I would go over on an ankle and break it (or have severe blisters at the very least). Thought the opening dances were impressive. Yes Susannah wasn't as good but also wasn't a disaster.
I am not going to predict a winner yet.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 05:03:53 PM »

I'll have to catch up,
Don't always watch as OH can't stand it,
so I might watch it upstairs, with a a cuppa.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 06:00:00 PM »

Men in sequins and glitter, what's not to like  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 08:10:54 PM »

:rofl: