Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Kidney scan on Friday,scared what they might find  (Read 4293 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Kidney scan on Friday,scared what they might find
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2018, 04:27:19 PM »

So: I drink - one mug of black tea with 2 sugars at breakfast time.   A small bottle of Coke with me all day.  Sometimes I drink it all, others not. 

Mid-morning: depending where I am it will be another cuppa or a hot chocolate.  I gave up on milk-shakes as they make me bloated.  Another cuppa at lunch time and another mid-afternoon.  2 during the evenings. 

Plus a small bottle of fizzy water with which to take meds: 20mg Propranolol at night with a 10gm AD, 5mg AD at breakfast with a statin.

Check the urine colour:  explained to me by a Urologist - the first pee of the morning will be darker and probably smelly.  Unless one drinks in the night on a regular basis.  After that, as 1 takes on liquids with food/drink in the day, it should remain straw coloured - any lighter and the person is drinking too much which can be dangerous.  Consider too exercise regime, if jogging, horse riding, dog walking, swimming - one needs to up the intake shortly B4 and certainly after.  Again, the urine should be straw coloured,  He also said that 1 should drink B4 1 feels thirsty whereas if I do that, I get very bloated  :-\ = nausea.

Much of this 'drink at least 2 litres of liquids' is pushed by the bottled water Companies  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]