Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stupid question day!  (Read 2886 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Stupid question day!
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2019, 09:34:27 AM »

Any improvement today?

kazy68

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2019, 01:15:11 PM »

Got in to see gp appointment at 10am got back at 12.30.
Did urine test came back clear, obviously blood in there as on period, going to send it off for testing at hospital too.
Went trough everything with him, he gave me naproxen for pain relief and got to have more bloods done, won't have any left at this rate, and decide where to go when results come back, funnily enough cramps have subsided a little since I've been to see gp think it is just a peace of mind kind of thing,
Thanks for asking CLKD
Hope your well

Karen
X

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2019, 05:06:45 PM »

Good that the urine will be sent to a Lab..

kazy68

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2019, 03:51:01 PM »

Still not feeling great,
Still bleeding but only a little and not very often,
Still have a really dull ache low abdomen driving me mad,
The worst thing going on at the minute is not having the need to wee, I've always been one that's desperate to go at any given time, day or night, I also have the most awful very low back ache that wont go away taking pain killers but it just turns into a dull ache it's all on the left side starting to get paranoid about it now all  I think about is having to go pee, dr says no infection,
Has anyone else felt or had this.

Karen
X

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2019, 05:17:45 PM »

Yep.  Maybe have a talk with the Pharmacist to see if you are taking the 'right' type of pain relief?  You may be able to take a combination regularly that will ease those aches.

I have had deep pain behind the pelvis ...... for no obvious reason.  But worrying until the pain relief worked.

kazy68

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2019, 05:53:40 PM »

Thx clkd,
Have you also had the wee problem this is making me paranoid, I'm taking naproxen atm read up on side efects and it says 'little or no urinating, painful or difficult urination,' but I have no urge to either.
Might  lay off them for a few days see if things get moving again
Karen
X

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2019, 06:36:47 PM »

Drink more too.  If the kidneys are empty they will work harder = the need to pee with little passed.

Anxiety makes my bladder irritated too!

geckolady

• First Flush
Awful tingling/twitching sensations/burning mouth
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2019, 06:44:25 PM »

:'(Hi ladies  I'm new to the forum.  I'm wondering if anyone has experienced tingling in legs all the time, electric shock-like pain in feet/legs and twitches mainly in thighs. It's very uncomfortable & my legs really hurt when standing for a long time.  I also get tingling lips and a burning tongue most of the time 🙁 I'm 53 post menopause & had an ablation about 8 years ago which stopped my periods completely.  Dr tested my FSH & confirmed I'm in menopause.  I've been using oestrogel 2-3 pumps for the last 4 months (started on 1 pump for 6 weeks but still had aches & pains & not sleeping properly but it got rid of flushes & dryness/atrophy down below!!).  I haven't started taking any progesterone yet as my mum died of breast cancer so I'm reluctant to try it yet.  My consultant thinks I'm Ok on oestrogen only for up to a year because of ablation. I'm thinking of trying a patch instead of gel to see if it helps with the tingling/twitching/electric shock sensations which at times are unbearable!  Consultant suggested taking magnesium, vit b & vit d but when I had a blood test my levels were Ok.  Feel really confused about what to do as so many ladies on here get on well with the gel - any ideas would be greatly appreciated! 

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2019, 07:02:45 PM »

Hi - maybe start your own thread but:  breast disease is usually affected by oestrogen.  Even if your Mum died of breast disease, it may not have been oestrogen sensitive.  Quality of Life is important too.   R U having regular womb scans - I think if you have a womb you have to use progesterone regularly?  Put the name of the product into the search box on here and make notes. 

How is your footwear?  Sitting positions?  Mattress.  As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains. But posture etc. can contribute to various symptoms.  I have restless leg syndrome and bananas really ease symptoms. 

I get sudden electric zaps in my head due to the medication that I take.  A lack of some minerals etc. can cause similar symptoms - have you had a blood test recently?  Certain times of year can deplete the body.

:welcomemm:

kazy68

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2019, 04:25:26 PM »

Feeling a little better today, back not aching so much just a low dull ache, still annoying but getting there, finally had the feeling of needing a wee today to thankfully not as much as I used to but getting there,
Gekolady, sorry for late reply, but yes I have the tingly legs, it's like when you start to shiver but one never comes but the tingle stays, not taking anything for it at the minute but been reading up on magnesium myself actually have had a bottle by my bed for, got to be 6 months, but haven't taken any yet, I'm a side efects freak will read for months before I decide yes or no,
Hope your feeling well today.

Karen
X

kazy68

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2019, 09:53:15 PM »

Had to go to walk in centre tonight, after clear water test on monday my gp surgery called late on this evening saying my dr wanted me to do another urine sample when my period had finished, me being me I went into a complete meltdown, proper full on panic/ anxiety attack hubby took me to the surgery to see if I could get to see gp, a snotty nasty harsh receptionist said no appointments left ( surgery empty and another hour before it closed ) so we left after a few choice words from hubby, he then took me to a walk in centre and after waiting for over 2 hours went in to see gp, asked a few questions told him about the first urine sample but that symptoms were still there and it's like kidney infection, he did my temperature then gave me a script for antibiotics, I hope and pray that they will work soon, my back under my ribs is agony my stomach is the same, keep peeing next to nothing that's when I actually feel the need, things have got to start improving soon I'm exhausted.
Anyone else had kidney infections?, were your symptoms the same?
Needing reassurance plz

Karen
X
Pages: 1 [2]