Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New GP surgery will only give one month prescription of HRT - anybody else?  (Read 4216 times)

suzysunday

Re: New GP surgery will only give one month prescription of HRT - anybody else?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2018, 07:56:26 AM »

It was the same over  prescribing  with my father although  my mum  tried  her best not to waste meds. She  managed it  coz of dads dementia.

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2018, 07:30:28 PM »

I've only ever been given one month at a time and I've been on HRT for ten years.

Taz x

Cazikins

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2018, 08:46:39 AM »

Crikey I can't believe the difference in surgeries. I get 6 months HRT at a time for mine.  :o :o

Night_Owl

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2018, 05:32:35 PM »

Obviously people understand about the wastage - however it seems unfair that those who use ALL their medication are inconvenienced.

SJ, it is a total pain in the rear having to keep ordering 8 patches at a time and pay for them - quite often it's not ready for collection or out of stock- not convenient when I'm trolling back and forth to the south coast to care for my elderly father, more or less living in two places and don't want to run out and risk migraine.  I have been stable on a set regimen for years now. 

And how about all the extra expense in admin and GPs' time signing off thousands of prescriptions, it creates a lot of work - been reading about this online.

I used to get 6 months at a time - I don't see how there can be such a major difference with surgeries - one rule for one and one for another.

Made an appt to discuss this with the GP.

"It doesn't cost any more to give a monthly supply. The Pharmacist is there anyway." What? CLKD, it DOES cost a lot more.

dangermouse

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2018, 08:27:13 AM »

Wouldn't it make more sense to get one of those prepay certificates if it works out £8.50 a month?

I'm pretty sure our surgery has changed to monthly because of the wastage. Yes it doesn't cost anymore for the free prescriptions, just more work for the pharmacist, but for those who pay they'll make a lot more money out of it so can see why they're doing it.

Night_Owl

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2018, 06:54:33 PM »

A PPC is more expensive than 6 monthly - the main issue is the hassle of having to keep submitting prescriptions online and collecting - 8 patches per prescription is not enough when quite often I'm away from home - I have 4 x prescription items. 

Quite often we submit prescriptions and the pharmacist hasn't received it so we have to keep chasing the surgery, can't get through etc etc, on hold, blah blah blah.  It's far from ideal especially when we've been used to a much better system.

Rockhopper, that's a good suggestion, thanks.

LesleyB1964

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2018, 08:12:32 PM »

My husband's Dr is the same. If you pay £10.40 a month DD you can get your 3 items in repeat prescription each month. So if you need anything else or a pkt of extra patches you'll only ever pay £10.40. I get 3 months of my HRT, 2 months asthma pump and asthma preventer and 3 months of two diffetent blood pressure tabs so I buy a 3 month prescription for £29 and get another prescription in 2 days before the 3 months is up. Therefore I only pay £29 for 6 months of medication. I use it all as I need it so I'm not wasting anything but saving myself a fortune. Hope that makes sense.
Pages: 1 [2]