Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Reduce Oestrogel, first spots, now hot flushes!  (Read 855 times)

Figgypudding

Reduce Oestrogel, first spots, now hot flushes!
« on: September 13, 2018, 09:59:36 AM »

I started HRT after hot flushes got th better of me.
Managed to get to a Menopause clinic who prescribed me with Oestrogel & Utrogestan - 4 pumps & 14 days per mth of 200mg.
My Dr was a bit reluctant to prescribe me the 2 x bottles a mth so I thought I'd better reduce to Oestrogel to 2 pumps a day (as per the leaflet)
I've been doing this since July & 2 things have happened. I've had terrible spots, on my face & legs in July. The Utrogestan seemed to put a stop to this but unfortunately, August was the same, although no leg spots
I'm now about 10 days into the Utrogestan & for about 2 weeks I've started having a few hot flushes day & night. I've upped the Oestrogel to 4 pumps a day again in the hope that this remedies this.
I've emailed the clinic asking for a phone consultant but not heard anything back.   

Figgypudding

Re: Reduce Oestrogel, first spots, now hot flushes!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 08:54:49 PM »

Thanks for your reply.
Menopause consultant has written & requested the Dr prescribe me the proper amount.
I just thought the gel was better source of absorption & wouldn't need as much.

Am hoping in a couple of weeks at the 4 pumps a day the spots don't reappear & the hot flushes go away.

Intestingly I've always wondered if I had oestrogen dominance (not entirely sure what it meant) but maybe not.