Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Pain in forearms?  (Read 1150 times)

Ambergirl

Pain in forearms?
« on: September 12, 2018, 06:46:12 PM »

Hi Ladies,

so another query following 4 weeks of odd pain. Honestly, I checked today how many times I have been to the GP this year and it's 20 appointments! That's more than the whole of my forties put together.
The latest is weird pain that started on the underside of my forearm. It was like I had a paper cut and if I brushed against anything it was really painful but there is nothing there!
Weeks on and the pain is now constant, it feels like I have bruised the bone there but no swelling or heat or bruise. I feel like I am so decrepit as I can't get out of the car easily because it is too painful to lean on the doorframe with my arm!
Tried rest, ibrupofen and even had a bit of acupuncture.
Any ideas if this could be the muscle issues associated with meno?

Lalb1

Re: Pain in forearms?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 08:35:47 PM »

I've had the weirdest aches and pains too. It started in my elbows and was so painful,I was diagnosed with tennis elbow but I knew it couldn't be that as hadn't done anything differently or anything repetitive to set it off. I suffered with that badly for about 4-6 months then it started to ease, then the achiness started to move into my forearms bones. The pain was weird and as if it was in the actual bone inside my arms, I realised it wa worse just before my period was due. Then I started with aches in my calves and thighs, this is still ongoing and is so painful before a period. I also found I'd got painful legs in bed and painful big toes -again worse at certain times of the month.
Only slight relief I seem to get is painkillers and ibuprofen gel.

SueLW

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 09:04:40 AM »

The only thing they ever found is that I had autoimmune underactive thyroid, however being on thyroid medication didn't change things much. Replacement oestrogen is the only thing I've found that made me feel any better.

I know the feeling!  Having an under active thyroid discovered during menopause makes life complicated.  Which problem is causing what symptom!

I am currently struggling up the doses to find something that makes me feel a little better.  So far not much success.  But that lovely sexy, energy that came with HRT when I first started it hasn't been seen in a long time.  At least I'm thankful for not being so anxiety driven as I have been, although this week I'm seeing more niggling anxiety, but that's alongside a bleed 8 weeks into new regime so to be expected I suppose.

Ambergirl

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 04:18:36 PM »

Thanks Ladies for your experiences. The GP reckons that I might have a nerve being impinged in my neck and I had some physio on Friday but TBH it has made no difference to the pain and the physio is not convinced either! I am going to have another couple of weeks with the physio and then go back to GP. I keep massaging my under forearm as it is so sore even though there is nothing to see still. I am trying to be positive about it all but it just seems that every week something else appears to ache and then the health anxiety kicks in so I assume it's bone cancer or something else stupid!
So grateful to have found this forum and read about your experiences - it makes me feel less like I am losing it :)