Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT  (Read 1013 times)

LDry

• First Flush
HRT
« on: November 22, 2022, 06:23:56 PM »

Hello everyone
I am new to this site so not sure this is the right place to post this question ?
I am 44 yrs and started having symptoms of the perimenopause in the last few years. I am now on HRT patches Evorel Sequi 50. This involves having 4 Evorel (Estradiol) patches over 2 weeks and then 4 Evorel Conti patches over the next 2 weeks. The Conti patches contain the Norethisterone which I believe is to stop the thickening of the womb in order to prevent the risk of cancer.
You are meant to have a breakthrough period after the 2 weeks of Conti patches which was happening for me at first when I started the patches in April 2022. However my period started to get later and now I have one at the end of the 2 weeks of the Evorel estradiol patches.
I wonder if this is normal or if I should be concerned. I have thought about consulting my GP but not really sure if they will know and I have now been discharged from the menopause clinic so cannot ask them. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks   :)

Flossieteacake

Re: HRT
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 06:30:58 PM »

Hello Ldry and welcome to the forum. I know periods can be all over the place during perimenopause but I am sure somebody knowledgeable will be along to advice you soon.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 06:35:48 PM »

Were you prescribed this regime by the menopause clinic?  If so you should be able to contact them to ask for advice.

GPs often don't know much  ::).  Some regimes do mess up cycles ......... mayB put the product names into the search box - individually - to see what pops up; make notes. Let us know how you get on.