Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Is Everol 50 right for me?  (Read 883 times)

hc

Is Everol 50 right for me?
« on: September 04, 2018, 11:27:26 AM »

Hello, I wonder if anyone  might be able to help me.  I have just been to the drs and been given Everol 50 - a change from the Elleste 2mg which I have been on for the last eight months.   I suggested a change as I am still having sweats on the Elleste and very low libido and often still anxiety and confusion.  it was suggested elsewhere the patch might be good for me instead.   However the doctor is a very young man seemingly bemused, if not a little embarrassed, by the whole topic.  He asked little about my medical history just punched in the request to the computer and ushered me out and when I get home I see that these patches seem most commonly to be given to those without a womb. I am 51 and still have regular periods, which were heavy on the Elleste.  Has he given me the wrong medication? Any thoughts most welcome. Thanks.

Perinowpost

Re: Is Everol 50 right for me?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 12:46:26 PM »

Hi Hc

Has your doctor given you any progesterone as well? You need this to protect your womb. Evorel 50 is the oestrogen part, they're very good actually, it's what I use alongside utrogestan as separate progesterone. You are right though you do need progesterone as well x

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 03:08:08 PM »

The patches are fine, but you need progesterone as well if you have a womb.  Have you got a Mirena coil fitted?

hc

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 12:33:47 PM »

Many thanks for your replies. I don't have progesterone or a coil, so I think he's given me the wrong thing.   he looks about 25.

Perinowpost

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 01:25:20 PM »

Sadly his error is not uncommon. You need to add in progesterone. You can either have evorel sequi, which is evorel 50 + noresthisterone (progesterone). Or add a separate progesterone such as utrogestan or provera. How are you finding the evorel so far?x