Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Help please  (Read 1446 times)

Almacfarlane

Help please
« on: September 11, 2018, 01:40:19 PM »

ladies, I'm needing some help and advice, had a rvice already which has been great but I'm a hormonal mess just now!

So my story is, in was diagnosed as premature ovarian failure at 32 back in Jan I had heart palpitations and was loosing my hair so they done 2 sets of bloods which confirmed this and with advice from gynae I was started on a 50 evorel patch with my merena coil! I had absolutely no bleeding but was still having heart palpitations although nowhere near as bad as before. Anyway fast forward 3 months to my menopause clinic in April. I was started on 75 patch at which point it really helped with my palpitations and now I hardly have any however I had what o think was a period that last about 8 days in April may and June with July period being continious bleeding untill August where it had stopped for 3 weeks. Anyway 2 weeks ago I was started on vagifem due to having pain in my bladder like pressure which again vagifem has helped with but around a few days before this bleedimg came back. Anyway I let the menopause doc know and she referred me as a routine appointment (33 week wait) for further investigation in mean time I went to GP and they referred me for a scan which was refused as awaiting appointment with gynae. Anyway my GP telling me ill just need to wait which I'm furious about. In the last 3 week's I know of 3 people who have died of cervical CA. She also wants go take me off the patch and try something else. Even mentioned about taking my coil out.

Advice please. Told you I'm a hormonal mess.  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 01:51:15 PM »

I think I replied earlier  :-\

Almacfarlane

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 02:03:25 PM »

CLKD I know you did. I.just reposted as per the other ladie advice so more people may see it.

Thank you

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 05:19:54 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Almacfarlane.

don't let them take the coil out but perhaps reduce you oestrogen dose.  Palapations are a nuisance but are quite common with menopause and nothing not worry about really, so maybe put up with these - a lower dose of patch might stop the bleeding. How long have you had the Mirena?  If more than 4 years then this needs changing.

I doubt very much there is anything ominous going on, so don't worry - if they were concerned they would have fast tracked you.  It's most likely the higher dose of oestrogen caused the bleeding and only 60% of women are bleed free with the Mirena anyway.
Try to be patient - hopefully teh gynaecologist will reassure you.  You do need the HRt to protect you bones and heart and should be on HRt till at least 50.  DG x

Almacfarlane

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 12:01:02 PM »

Hi my Coil been in for.nearly 3 years. I had my appointment this am and decided to keep my coil in. I got another prescription for the 50 so gonna try that in mean time to see what's happening.

Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 12:47:54 PM »

Thanks for the update.  Was the practioner OK about you keeping the coil?

Let us know how you go.