Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Anxiety on Evorel Conti. Anybody else?  (Read 4074 times)

ali 61

Anxiety on Evorel Conti. Anybody else?
« on: September 08, 2018, 09:19:26 AM »

Hello again Ladies.
I'm sorry to be back with more questions, but I'm so new to all this and have nobody else to talk to about it.

I just started on Evorel Conti patches 2 weeks ago. However I got really severe stomach cramps in the 1st week and my GP told me to cut the patch in half, which I have done for this last week.

I have lost the hot flushes, but still dont sleep and am exhausted.
But for the last 2 days I have had awful anxiety. Its even made my legs shake when sitting down.
I have had anxiety before, but never this bad. I had it all last night in bed too.

Is this a common reaction to starting on HRT and does your body eventually get used to  it, as my GP said I need to try it for about 3 months.

I am seeing my GP again in 11 days time. Thank you for any replies. xx

Dotty

Re: Anxiety on Evorel Conti. Anybody else?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 09:46:08 AM »

Hi it could be that you need to give it time to work or it could be that the progesterone in Evorel Conti does not suit you. X

Bluebell

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 07:02:24 AM »

Hi, I tried Evorel Conti patches just over a year ago. I started with half a patch. It put away the menopause symptoms but I felt very anxious - I was then told to start the full patch which tipped me over the edge with anxiety. It had me lying awake the whole night, the anxiety was off the wall.
I was paying visits to the loo during the night because my bowel was so nervous. Come morning and I was exhausted.
The Doctor said it was the progesterone causing my problems. She said we could try some other forms of HRT but I decided to come off it -  the experience left me shattered.
Maybe some other form would have helped but it's trial and error and I wasn't prepared to go through it all.  😉 X

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 07:49:35 AM »

Some women find that the Norethisterone in Evorel causes PMT type symptoms such as low mood and anxiety. This may settle and the advice is to try each HRT for three months to see whether it suits you or not. It's worth persevering if you can but there are kinder progesterones you can try. It can take a while to find the right one.

Taz x :hug: