Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Femseven Seqi Patches and Periods?..  (Read 810 times)

Greggers66

• First Flush
Femseven Seqi Patches and Periods?..
« on: September 08, 2018, 10:38:47 AM »

Following my stumbling start with these non-sticking Patches! I finally got a great result after using the hair-dryer tip to warm my skin up b4 applying 👌👏
So I'm now into my third week and on the first of my No.2 patches.
However, I'm not sure if or when to expect a period?! Can anyone shed any light on this please?

I realise it's likely to occur at some point, but wondered if there was a pattern to the patch cycle. 2 weeks of Oestrogen and 2 weeks of progesterone but when does/should the period appear?

Sorry for my ignorance, I didn't ask the GP at the time of precription and can't seem to find the answer on the info sheet in the box.

Any help/advice much appreciated.
Thanks, Greggers66

Taz2

Re: Femseven Seqi Patches and Periods?..
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 11:39:27 AM »

Hi Greggers. Good to hear that you are managing to get the patches to stick using the hairdryer method.

You should expect your bleed fairly soon after beginning the next pack. The bleed is triggered by the withdrawal of the progesterone contained in the last two weeks of patches. Mine used to start on day three of the next pack.

Sometimes the first few bleeds are quite heavy and can be painful but this should settle down by around month three so if this happens please don't feel it will always be like that.

Taz  x

Greggers66

• First Flush
Re: Femseven Seqi Patches and Periods?..
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 08:20:43 AM »

Thanks so much Taz, really appreciate the heads-up. I need to re-stock my toiletries in preparation!
Kind regards, Jo