Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Help please  (Read 1921 times)

Aileenf

Help please
« on: September 07, 2018, 10:54:21 PM »

Hi folks, that will be me on kliofem for 15 days tomorrow bleeding has been even heavier than on Angeliq, also experiencing bad period pain, getting warm again and have had the start of a migraine almost ever day.

I'm four years menopausal getting really fed up- should this settle down or is too soon to tell or should I come off it and contact menopause clinic?

« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:08:46 PM by Aileenf »

Taz2

Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 11:14:29 PM »

Hi Aileenf  - bleeding is common on a conti HRT for the first six months and, especially in the beginning, period pains are to be expected but can make you feel horrible. It is important to try to give each HRT at least three months but I know bleeding is a real nuisance to cope with. I had non-stop bleeding for the six months I was on a conti HRT and in the end swapped back to a sequi as at least I knew when to expect a bleed. How long ago did you stop the Angelique?

Taz x  :hug:

Aileenf

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 11:23:01 PM »

I was angeliq 6 months bled for the last three months of it and started straight on the kliofem.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 01:11:19 PM »

Bleeding can be a problem for up to six months on a conti HRT. Would you consider a sequi one?

Taz x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 01:24:19 PM »

Aileen - what you are experiencing is common on any conti HRT.  This is why so many women stick with a sequential HRT so they don't have to put up with the side effects of progesterone too much. A good alternative non bleed option is to have a Mirena fitted ( less systemic absorption = fewer side effects) and use oestrogen as gel or patch alongside.

Bleeding is normal in the first few weeks or months on any conti HRT as well but this should settle. DG x

Aileenf

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 03:14:17 PM »

Thank you for the replies, finding it very hard of being three and half years period free.  Been working it out this is my 3rd HRT since last October and have had a trace bleed for more or less all this time except for first three months on angeliq which gave me a taste for if things were to go right.

I am going to give this another two weeks, not waiting another 5 months, life is too bloody short.  Will see how things go, and if the don't, i will see about giving coil a try. 

Aileenf

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 06:17:30 PM »

Hi all,

Spoke to consultant today, who is going to move me onto kliovance and if I'm still bleeding after 2-3 weeks he is giving me top up of progesterone to take on top. 🤞

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 04:19:50 PM »

Hope it works Aileenf. All conti HRT's gave me constant bleeding and I changed to sequi which was much better. Keep us informed!

Taz x

Aileenf

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2018, 06:44:22 PM »

Hi ladies just a wee up update, after two weeks on kliovance while the bleeding reduced slightly it was still there, so started the 5mg of northiestone on Saturday and after 4 days all gone, no bleeding. Still some aches and pains which I'm hoping will subside.

I know it's early days 🤞 feeling ok, will see how things are in a couple of weeks. 

Things still not great at work, which is a completely different issue but now feel that I do something about it and it's not all me being meno mad or crazy.

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 08:24:15 AM »

Thanks for the update. I'm so glad things are improving re the bleeding.

Taz x  :)