Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Indivina Not Available Anywhere  (Read 2662 times)

mel596

Indivina Not Available Anywhere
« on: September 04, 2018, 03:11:37 PM »

Hi everyone. Thanks for having me on the Forum.  :)

I changed from Evorel Conti patches to Indivina 1mg/2.5mg tablets last May on the advice of my GP, having been on them for about 16 months, mainly because they were giving me a lot of breakthrough bleeding which was causing me to have very low moods and PMS type symptoms. Indivina seemed to suit me a lot better. I had hardly any bleeding and there was considerable improvement in my energy levels and overall mental health, as well as helping me to finally feel better from the chronic allergic rhinitis I'd had since the menopause began.

Unfortunately, I have now been told by two local chemists, two online pharmacies and the pharmacist at my surgery that Indivina is "out of stock indefinitely everywhere" due to a manufacturing problem with one of the ingredients. I put myself back on the Evorel Conti Patches about a month ago while I tried to sort the problem out but I definitely don't feel very well at the moment. I had a "mini period" about ten days ago which has left me feeling pretty low and many of my physical and psychological symptoms are returning, including the rhinitis and the loss of appetite.

The situation is not helped by my (very good) GP being off sick with stress for the forseeable future so I have to see another GP who doesn't know me at all. I'd like to go into the consultation with some idea of which HRT I need to be on, so I wondered if anyone has any advice on which HRT might be similar to Indivina or, if anyone else has had to go onto an alternative HRT while Indivina is currently unavailable, what are you using instead?

Many thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give me.

Dotty

Re: Indivina Not Available Anywhere
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 06:23:31 PM »

Hi try emailing the manufacturer and ask them if there's a problem x

mel596

Re: Indivina Not Available Anywhere
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 10:18:14 AM »

That's a good idea. Thanks!