Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: I Give Up With This HRT Lark  (Read 1857 times)

Pixielilac

I Give Up With This HRT Lark
« on: September 05, 2018, 09:48:18 PM »

So I have been given a new HRT after being on Elleste Duet Conti for about 4 months.  I have been given Estraderm MX 25 patches and Utrogestan 100mg.
I was under the impression my doctor would let me know when he decided on a new HRT for me and an appointment would be made to discuss the new one but I got a phone call from the receptionist to tell me a prescription is waiting. 
The patches are simple enough, stick one on twice a week, the Utrogestan says on the packet ‘use as directed or one daily from day 1 to day 25 of each cycle’
The leaflet inside says ‘2 at bedtime on days 15 to 26 of your 28 day cycle’
I don’t have a ‘cycle’ I haven’t had a period for 2 years apart from the 4 week bleed when I was on Elleste Duet Conti.
My doctor is now out of surgery for 2 weeks and no one there can answer how the bloomin’ heck I take these tablets.
Sometimes after the battle I had with my doc to get HRT I just feel like giving up with the HRT. :-\
Edited to say I have been waiting until I had time off from work to start taking this incase there were any side effects.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 09:56:40 PM by Pixielilac »

Taz2

Re: I Give Up With This HRT Lark
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 10:18:40 PM »

Hi Pixielilac. It is confusing. I don't know much about Utrogestan but the cycle referred to is, I believe, your HRT cycle. You should have eight patches in each box of estraderm which lasts four weeks which is your 28 day cycle. The first patch begins your cycle (day 1) and you count from there. I would go by what is printed on the packet rather than inside if this is the label put on by the pharmacist?

There are many Utrogestan-knowledgeable members on here and no doubt they will be along soon to advise.

Taz x

Pixielilac

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 11:27:41 PM »

Thankyou for your reply, yes there are 8 patches.  I will follow what the label says, thanks again I just couldn't work it out.

SueLW

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 11:59:04 PM »

If you don't want a proper bleed then yes, take one Utrogestan every night as you go to bed. 

If you find that a bit overpowering, try it vaginally.  But give it time either way. 

You can suffer a bit at first when reintroducing progesterone into the body.  But I have not felt any side effects from vaginal Utrogestan. 

If you want, you can try the patches for 2-3 weeks on their own first if you want to see if you are OK with them.  Then introduce the progesterone.  That way if you get any issues you will know which hormone caused it.

Pixielilac

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 11:16:55 AM »

Thankyou for your reply. That's a good idea I will do that, then when I start the progesterone I will know if it is that not agreeing with me.

SueLW

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 11:51:50 AM »

Thankyou for your reply. That's a good idea I will do that, then when I start the progesterone I will know if it is that not agreeing with me.

Exactly.

Pixielilac

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 01:54:50 PM »

I always felt sick and had headaches and the hot sweats were back with a vengeance but  I couldn't work out which was causing it when I was on the Elleste Duet Conti.
My doctor thought it was the progesterone so it will be interesting to try what you suggested.
Thanks again.