Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Feeling concerned  (Read 1316 times)

thegregs52

Feeling concerned
« on: September 10, 2018, 09:43:08 AM »

I started Femoston tablets about 3 months ago and had to switch to patches due to horrendous bloating and have now been on them since.  I have gone back to a period every 3 weeks (as it was a few years ago before I was 7 monthly for just over a year) and the pain is like it was back in the old days and even though I'm not heavy, its very black and thick and lasts for about 3 days (sorry to be so graphic).  I also feel like I've got flu each time and get the most horrendous night sweats during this time so sleeping is minimal  :-\

I had an endometrial ablation about 8 years ago so haven't had a big period since, just had a show, so this is quite a shock to the system.  I was also told that I would only get a show whilst being on patches.  Should I be concerned? I have got a blood test and doctors appointment next month but just wondered if I was worrying over nothing.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feeling concerned
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 01:58:28 PM »

Anything that is out of 'normal' should be discussed with your Practice Nurse or GP.  Black blood is old so the womb probably isn't shedding quickly enough.  Bright blood is fresh.  I often had hot and cold feelings prior to a period - is this connected to the bleed?

thegregs52

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 12:05:50 PM »

I've got an appointment in a months time so will see what they say.  The pain also radiated a lot to my back which I've never had before so I do think its a discussion I need to have with the doctor.  The night sweats is definitely more predominant when its time of the month but its not connected to the bleed in the respect of the amount of it I don't think.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 01:52:49 PM »

Let us know how you get on?