Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: testosterone pellet implant  (Read 1012 times)

Muzza

testosterone pellet implant
« on: September 03, 2018, 10:16:29 PM »

Hi ladies

So 8 weeks ago I paid privately to have testosterone pellet implant inserted, I am still waiting for something
to happen, I used testim gel for nearly a year and that did nothing, I was using extra too to try and get some sort of feelings back!!  I feel no difference what so ever with this implant too !  I am 47 years old and have been in the peri stages for nearly 3
years.  I have a mirena coil and take 2mg of elleste

Has anyone else had this implant and what did it do for you ?

Im desperate to have some energy back and my libido

xxxx

SueLW

Re: testosterone pellet implant
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 11:42:37 PM »

Hi ladies

So 8 weeks ago I paid privately to have testosterone pellet implant inserted, I am still waiting for something
to happen, I used testim gel for nearly a year and that did nothing, I was using extra too to try and get some sort of feelings back!!  I feel no difference what so ever with this implant too !  I am 47 years old and have been in the peri stages for nearly 3
years.  I have a mirena coil and take 2mg of elleste

Has anyone else had this implant and what did it do for you ?

Im desperate to have some energy back and my libido

xxxx

So you have lost your energy?  Can you get a full thyroid panel done?  Ask your doctor to do it for you, they probably won't do the full panel, but if they do TSH and Free T4 it's a start.

Muzza

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 03:32:54 PM »

Thanks for your reply, yes I have an underachieve thyroid and take 150mg of thyroxine already
last time it was tested was a few months ago. xx

Perinowpost

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 06:06:24 PM »

Muzza the mirena is notorious for quashing libido, it's one of the downsides unfortunately. Also, tablet hrt can have negative effects on libido. Have you considered transdermal methods as that may help?x