Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti patches. Help please please please.  (Read 1075 times)

ali 61

Evorel Conti patches. Help please please please.
« on: September 03, 2018, 07:22:42 PM »

Good evening Ladies. I am new here and need some help please.
I am 57 and had my last period 2 years ago.
For 1 year have been having, flushes, insomnia, dizziness, foggy head, ringing ears and nausea.
My GP suggested HRT and put me on Evorel Conti patches 10 days ago. (Patches, as I suffer from migraines)

However pretty much straight away I have been getting worse nausea and horrendous stomach cramps.
Today I couldnt even get dressed due to the pain and nausea.
I spoke to my GP on the phone and he suggested cutting tonights patch in half, and persevering for a few more weeks, so long as the pain is at least bearable.

1st question is: Has anybody else had this reaction, and how long did it last?

2nd question is: I have cut the patch in half. Can I keep the unused half and use that in 4 days time, or should I throw it away?

So glad I have found this forum. I have been going through this completely alone and was at my wits end.  :'(

Taz2

Re: Evorel Conti patches. Help please please please.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 08:03:43 PM »

I answered on your other thread I think?

Taz x

Dancinggirl

Re: Evorel Conti patches. Help please please please.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 07:24:03 AM »

Hi Ali

I suspects it's the progesterone that doesn't suit you and many women can't tolerate a conti hrt because it involves using progesterone all the time.
It is probably worth trying a sequential hrt ( this will mean putting up with a monthly bleed)- also a regime of either Oestrogel or oestrogen patches with separate progesterone ( Utrogestan or Provera) for 12 days each month could be worth trying.
Look under TREATMENTS on this site to see your options.
I'm afraid hrt doesn't suit everyone but it can trial and error till you find the regime that suits you. HRT will always be about finding the maximum benefits with the minimal side effects. DG x