Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: tibolone- how much?  (Read 636 times)

vintagefiend

tibolone- how much?
« on: September 03, 2018, 12:23:58 PM »

Hi,
I'm 46 and menopausal but can't tolerate the many hrts that i've tried including oestrogen alone so i have issues with both oestradiol and progestogen preparations!
i now have tibolone and wonder whether- given that i seem to be v sensitive to stuff- is it worth halving it or would that be sub-therapeutic?
thanks for any help :)

Annie0710

Re: tibolone- how much?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 12:49:00 PM »

I tried halving it (can't remember why) but my night sweats came back so came off it x

Sooze

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 01:14:58 PM »

I've been on it for almost 2yrs now and for me it's been a real game changer.  Yes, it did take a while for my system to adjust, and I had some odd side effects including inability to tolerate some alcohol (white wine & prosecco), but I had improvements in flushes within days plus libido improvements and reduction in muscle/joint aches. 

I was also sensitive to when in the day I took it initially, settling on 2.30pm as the best.  This has now moved to 6-7pm as I've added testosterone to the morning (every 3-4 days).  It was suggested to me as I have a problem with progesterone causing severe depression.

If you are trying it I'd say allow a minimum 3-6 months trial for everything to settle down (in the absence of serious side effects).  What have you got to loose?

vintagefiend

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 04:03:32 PM »

Thanks Annie and Sooze for your replies.
I think I'll just go for it and take it as intended!
I did see your thread, Sooze, about tibolone- it's great that it's worked so well for you. I'm quite wary of "re-awakening" my progesterone as had pmdd last few years of periods so it's interesting to see that that might be mitigated by testosterone. I may well get back to you on that point!!
Thanks again :)