Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Can I stay on Evorel indefinitely?  (Read 659 times)

Italianlover

Can I stay on Evorel indefinitely?
« on: September 03, 2018, 12:19:23 PM »

I'm hoping for some advice from you knowledgeable people on a couple of things. Firstly, I have been using Evorel 50 patches for 6 years, I'm now 56. Last period at age 50.  I had a hysterectomy with ovaries removed 12 months ago. I did try a couple of months without Evorel but had awful symptoms return so I'm happily back on them. My question is, can I stay on them indefinitely? I'm slim and fit, no breast cancer in my family. Is 50 considered a high dose to use long term?

Second question relates to my complete loss of libido for the last 6 months, it's like the switch has been turned off, no desire, no response, nothing at all! I've never experienced such an absence of feeling before and I'm seriously worried and also very sad. I don't feel like me, very weird, like my brain and my body aren't connected anymore. My body feels incredibly tired and I need a lot of sleep these days. I'm not depressed in any way. Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me?

Tempest

Re: Can I stay on Evorel indefinitely?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 12:58:15 PM »

Hi! You absolutely can stay on HRT indefinitey as your risk is extremely low after TAH/BSO and using estrogen only.  Don't let anyone (i.e. GP) tell you otherwise! There is a plethora of solid research to back up this position. I'm so very glad that you've benefited from HRT so well. :)

I'm hoping another member, Annie, will be along shortly as she will talk to you about adding testosterone to your HRT. We ladies without ovaries lose 50% of our ability to produce testosterone, and your symptoms fit the bill perfectly. Annie will tell you more!  xxxx