News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: SAD  (Read 4507 times)

loveydovey

SAD
« on: September 02, 2018, 08:31:51 AM »

I am so dreading the dark nights and the dark mornings.
I really need sunshine all year round, plans to move to the Algarve cant come quick enough. :'(
Does anyone else have this?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 08:50:26 AM by loveydovey »

Annie0710

Re: SAD
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 09:05:29 AM »

I would love to live in Spain, I live the long daylight hours and the sun.  Have you tried vit d tablets? They do lift my mood somewhat during winter x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 10:06:08 AM »

I feel low knowing that nights are pulling in. I get a lurch in my gut thinking about early nights.  I LOVE the Autumnal colours and it is less hot now.  But with Autumn comes C.mas which I DREAD [long story short].  My favourite months are Feb. and March as there is hope ahead, new growth,  the thought of warmer days.

Which month would you stick in, given the Choice?  Mine would be Feb..

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 10:29:13 AM »

I don't mind Jan., as C.mas is over and done with ........  although my birthday is in Dec., it's not my fav. time of year and DH does his very best, bless him. 

I suppose I begin to go downhill in Sept..  We have birthdays to think about too, a slight deviation - I know we have a whole year and when I see things I do buy presents and cards.  It all kind of impacts!

littleminnie

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 06:48:15 PM »

We usually go some warm in March, it's some to look forward to in January.
Favourite month is probably May. 

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 07:03:28 PM »

I have reverse SAD where I feel much better during the darker months. Apparently it is now an actual disorder!

Taz x  ;D

littleminnie

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 07:13:47 PM »

I think you are in the minority though Taz  ;D

Shadyglade

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 09:03:47 PM »

Oh, perhaps you should move to the artic circle. All that Hughe, or what ever its called. Candles, log fires, woollies and hot chocolate.   :)

Golden retriever

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2018, 09:29:46 PM »

Hi all
Vitamin D spray works great and something to do during the dark night.
I usually think of a holiday in January as it's a great time for renewal and then the nights get shorter

loveydovey

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 05:54:54 AM »

Do SAD lamps work?

Rosie63

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 09:50:26 AM »

I don't really like the winter months but try to make the most of them by making the house cosy with candles etc and tend to read more to pass some time.  My fav months are May and June when everything is fresh and growing and have the summer to look forward to 😊

Rosie xx

Krystal

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 04:54:35 PM »

Reply for Loveydovey, after much thought and deliberation I purchased a SAD light and used it as directed for about a month.  I found it made me feel very sick and disorientated so I stopped using it. One day I was at the dentists and you tend to chat about any old rubbish to distract you from the treatment in hand and my dentist suggested taking vitamin D tablets from early October when the nights do start to draw in. That year I followed their advice and have never looked back. This was about 6 years ago. What happened to the SAD light you may ask? This was resigned to a cupboard until I moved house and then it sent to charity shop for their consideration. Cheers everyone hope you all find a way to help the effects of this horrible condition.  :)

Lanzalover

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2018, 06:32:47 PM »

I hate dark nights and the dark mornings.
I am generally ok until the day the clocks go back and then I  can actually feel my mood lowering.
I am going to take Vit D religiously this year to see if it helps.
I do however go abroad a couple of times over the winter months which does help.
When we retire DH and I are going to spends winters abroad as I would crazy here in the Uk.( Although some would say I'm already a little crazy  ;D )
I hate November I find it a really depressing month and love any month that has long sunny days.

Lanzalover x

loveydovey

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 06:15:15 AM »

Off to buy Vit D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jeaniewigs

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2018, 06:46:27 AM »

You can buy the Vit D online from amazon.i use the BetterYou oral spray it's much better than pills just a squirt into your mouth each day so easy to use.its the Dlux 3000 oral spray so a nice high dose that bypasses the liver so no problems with side effects.green and white bottle.you might also be able to get it in h and b stores.good luck it last for ages.😘
Pages: [1] 2