Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Vulva lump - really worrid  (Read 4822 times)

Nickyp

Vulva lump - really worrid
« on: August 31, 2018, 03:11:45 PM »

Hi all, sorry I  haven't visited for a while as everything seemed to have been ok, ...until recently. I noticed a lump on my labia, feels movable, and hasn't  changed since I noticed it a few months ago. Looking in a mirror it's not visible but can feel it if I poke about.... sorry if tmi. Also today I have been spotting. I know I shouldn't but help but use google and a more now worried I have vulval cancer. I know it is slow growing, and am hoping the fact I had a scan last year and nothing was picked up this could be just a cyst. Although wouldn't it have either gone on it's own or got bigger?

Brief history, def post meno, on conti hrt for 3 years and 8 months using vagifem as the doc thinks my previous bleeding episodes are due to va.

Anyone had a similar experience ? Thx

Snoooze

Re: Vulva lump - really worrid
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 05:00:03 PM »

Hi,
I had a similar lump years ago that turned out to be a bartholin cyst. I did have an appointment at the hospital about it but by the time the appointment came around the cyst disappeared on it's own.

As for the spotting. As you are post menopausal, I would get the spotting checked out although you say Dr thinks it's due to VA but best to check again for peace of mind.

Nickyp

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 07:33:49 PM »

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask how long you had your cyst for before it disappeared? Regarding the spotting I was concerned it was tondo with vulval cancer, although could be unrelated as I've had it before. Well hoping anyway.

Trufflecat

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 07:49:14 PM »

As snooze says, it could be a Bartholin's cyst. They often need minor surgery to remove them though so, whatever it might be, you must see your doc asap. Please let us know how you get on x

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 08:24:20 PM »

Hi,
I had quite a few of these- not all at the same time thankfully lol. They were quite sore and throbbed- but being the non conformist i am i thought I'd sort it myself!!
I soaked a tampon in warm savlon and shoved it / moulded it around the area- used an st to catch any ‘leakage'.  In each case within 24 hrs it had popped urg i know tmi.
I have to say vulval cancer never occured to me, but i guess i thought it was just a ‘boil' and if it didn't go,away i'd have seen my Gp. Give it a try - certainly does no harm and if it doesn't go then see your gp

Snoooze

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 09:44:51 AM »

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask how long you had your cyst for before it disappeared? Regarding the spotting I was concerned it was tondo with vulval cancer, although could be unrelated as I've had it before. Well hoping anyway.

I can't remember as it was a long time ago when I was in my 20's! I went to the Dr as soon as I noticed it and he referred me which back then took a while so I would say I had it for 3-4 months.

EleanorB

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 12:14:18 PM »

Hello,

I have had two lumps, one was a bartholin cyst on labia, the other more recent, a bit further out, was most likely, according to gynae an ingrowing hair that caused a lump. The first was definitely benign and went away and the other, as it seems to have now got smaller is probably nothing too. I guess what i'm Saying is lots of lumps and bumps can appear and are nothing ominous. Like you when I got the first one I panicked but the doc knew it was a cyst straight away. As cysts sometimes have to be removed it would suggest they don't always go away on their own.

It sounds like you may not have shown a gp yet, if not i'd muster the courage and have them put your mind at rest. The spotting could well be totally unrelated.

Nickyp

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 06:49:56 PM »

Thanks all, am hoping it's just a cyst. It just I can on feel it not see it. How long did they take to go away on their own? I do have an appointment on Wednesday but keep wanting to cancel it as really worried.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 10:34:32 AM »

So why cancel? 

Snoooze

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 12:18:20 PM »

Thanks all, am hoping it's just a cyst. It just I can on feel it not see it. How long did they take to go away on their own? I do have an appointment on Wednesday but keep wanting to cancel it as really worried.

I couldn't see mine either. You can only feel it as it's under the skin. There is nothing to be worried about, they are quite common. No point worrying unnecesssarily, just go along to the appointment and you will put your mind at rest.

Nickyp

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2018, 08:40:19 PM »

Ok been to the doctors today, she said the lump is slightly larger than pea sized and thinks it just a cyst. She examined me due to the spotting and said as it happens every 6 months or so she would refer me, either by normal referral or the two week wait - which has now got me worried. She did mention that my vagina looked very red and sore and speckled -what could that be? She did suggest I might just need to increase the vagifem, anyone else had this ?

Trufflecat

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 07:29:17 AM »

Well done for braving the trip the the go x