Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Tribulus terrestris?  (Read 1293 times)

Hillbilly

Tribulus terrestris?
« on: August 29, 2018, 10:24:38 PM »

Hi all.

I'm peri and have tried 2 types of HRT, Femoston  and Elleste Duet, both brought on severe anxiety so I stopped taking them. I don't want to try anything else as I couldn't take the anxiety again.

I looked around for supplements and came across a blend of Macca, Korean Ginseng and Tribulus Terrestris. I stopped the HRT and took it a few days later. I've now been on it for a couple of weeks and feel good but I haven't had a bleed yet. I assumed I would bleed when I stopped the HRT but am I wrong on that?

If anyone has any experience of these supplements I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

aspie65

Re: Tribulus terrestris?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 09:11:34 AM »

Haven't tried these supplements but wanted to say that pregabalin can help with anxiety and hot flushes and is non hormonal.  May be worth considering if things get bad.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 11:13:47 AM »

Hulahoop - do be careful of these types of supplements as they can have nasty side effects.  Just because they are deemed ‘alternative and natural' does not mean they are safe. DG x

Hillbilly

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 01:48:37 PM »

I've never heard of pregabalin, I might check with my GP.

I'm surprised no one else has heard of this! Macca and ginseng are safe enough it's the tribulus I'd never heard of.

Does anyone know if you're supposed to bleed once you stop HRT?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 05:43:13 PM »

Does it not tell you in the leaflet in the box  :-\

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 08:31:25 PM »

Hi,
I have suffered with anxiety all my life- great isn't it !
I have been on and off ssri for years and i have to say despite the bad press they get- they were amazing.
About a year ago my anxiety started getting much , much worse and despite increasing the ssri nothing much happened- so i started hrt as well (femeston)- both together has really done it for me, the anxiety went within about 4 days incredible.
Someone mentioned pregabalin- i have heard that is also good.
At the end of the day i am one of those who thinks *ugger the risks and long term outlook I have a life to live right now and if you  are ‘crippled' with anxiety and peri then it is not much fun.