Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Vagifem and Post menopause questions?  (Read 1443 times)

libby

Vagifem and Post menopause questions?
« on: August 30, 2018, 08:15:02 AM »

I recently had blood tests at the doctors who stated I was coming to the end of my menopause, due to dryness/soreness down below she prescribed Vagifem. I didnt start the Vagifem as I thought I might be able to cope without it.  :-\  but have now decided to try them. Is the Vagifem something I will have to use forever or could it be something that I wont need when I have completely gone through the menopause?

Annie0710

Re: Vagifem and Post menopause questions?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 08:48:41 AM »

You'll need it forever unfortunately but it's good stuff x

libby

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 09:09:45 AM »

Oh dear....paying for prescriptions now forever  >:(  small price to pay though i suppose if its good  :)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 11:16:50 AM »

libby - welcome to MM - once you get to 60 you don't pay for prescriptions. Vagifem is brilliant stuff and should be given to all women once they reach menopause as it will help reduce urogenital atrophy and all the problems that go along with this. Do buy some SYLK or YES vaginal moisturisers as well as together with Vagifem these can really help to keep everything healthy.  DG x

libby

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 01:49:11 PM »

6 years to go then  ;D  I will certainly invest in the moisturisers too, will try anything at the moment its that bad  :'(  I must have been so naive, i literally just thought you got a few hot flushes, then periods stopped and that was it, menopause done. How daft was I  :o xx

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 03:03:47 PM »

Not daft at all! Most of us felt the same but hopefully, due to great sites like this, the younger generation will be better prepared. Menopause is not something that ends but the hormonal changes do even out so some symptoms do get better. VA is caused by low Oestrogen and the further into meno you go the less oestrogen you have. Vagifem is good. I use full HRT and Vagifem but I'm 64 now so my natural levels are lower than yours.

Taz x

libby

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 10:57:00 AM »

I definitely think sites like this are a good thing, so much information and everyone so helpful.  :)  The GP gave me ComfiGel which it says is a lubricating jelly, is this the same as the Sylk or Yes moisturisers?

Joaniepat

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 11:51:09 AM »

No libby, Sylk and the Yes products are specially formulated vaginal moisturisers. Comfigel is a water based  lubricant used in gynaecological examinations. You could try it, though. I doubt it would do any harm, but you might find Sylk or a Yes product are more effective. You can also try organic coconut oil or emu oil. It is personal preference whether to use an oil based or water based product. The Yes company does both, Sylk is water based.

JP x