Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Estrogel and Femiston conti 1/5mg  (Read 925 times)

Molmc49

Estrogel and Femiston conti 1/5mg
« on: August 29, 2018, 07:50:20 AM »

HI

This is my first post. Hello!

I've tried two types of HRT. Prempak which made my hair fall out, and then femiston conti .25..5mg.I'm turning 49. I've recently had my Femiston conti dose doubled to the the 1/5mg and after taking this for a couple of months and having a constant period and feeling generally crap, i asked for a gel and was given Estrogel. Instantly it was great, but now after 4 wks I have constant period pains and extreme bloating, and for the last 2 weeks i've been extremely tired, although i wake now in the night (something I never did before). Could I be having too much estrogel? I take 1 pump on each arm. I'm only small and wondered if I should reduce this dose to just one pump? or if I should reduce the femiston conti back to the lower dose ? (this was increased as my mood was still flat) and remain with 2 pumps of gel?

Would really appreciate any feedback on here as I'm going on holiday in 4 weeks and am sick of events being disrupted due to pms/periods etc.

Thanks in advance!

ps It's definitely a guessing game and my Dr as kind as she is, is totally out of touch with the whole menopause (I have been going to her for the last 3 years, and only recently got it under control due to reading this website and asking a friends.

Cazikins

Re: Estrogel and Femiston conti 1/5mg
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 02:13:18 PM »

:welcomemm:

Welcome Molmc49 - I can't answer your query as I'm not that knowledgeable but I wanted to say help & welcome aboard.

I hope you get some answers soon. All I can say is that it took me several goes to get my HRT regime working for me. I am on Femoston ultra low dose conti & I take 1/2 a tablet a day & it is just enough to take the edge off the symptoms but still leaves me feeling in control (if that makes any sense)

Cazikins x

Hurdity

Re: Estrogel and Femiston conti 1/5mg
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 04:33:31 PM »

Hi Molmc49

:welcomemm: from me too!

I am a bit confused - are you taking the gel as well as the Femoston conti? You need to be taking either or and if you are taking Estrogel you need a progestogen to go with it. The amount in Femoston conti won't be enough to protect your uterus with gel as well. I presume you are post-menopausal ie without as natural period for at least 12 months before starting HRT and no Mirena or mini pill?

I use patches but many on here use gel and I know some smaller women achieve very high oestrogen levels just on one pump. Oestrogen should not make you tired - it is an energising hormone. Progesterone is the sedating hormone.

If you could clarify where you are in menopause and exactly what you are taking then we might be able to help further?

Hurdity x