Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Perimenopause and HRT  (Read 911 times)

pamb

Perimenopause and HRT
« on: August 28, 2018, 01:08:57 PM »

Hi Ladies

I'm 55, perimenopausal and I've been on Evorel Sequi since December 2017, and after a month or two of initial side effects i.e. sore breasts, bloating etc., I seemed to settle down on them and began reaping the benefits of fewer hot flushes, night sweats and sleep problems.  I think I'm still in the perimenopausal stage as my periods are still erratic and seem to start mid way between the two conti patches rather than at the start of the estrogen patches.

So as I say things have been settling down well but this last month I've been experiencing skin reactions.  It's just like ****ly heat on my chest area which I've only experienced when I've been out in the sun.  I've been using a mild steroid on the area and taken an antihistimane tablet.

My question is do you think it could be a side effect of the patches or could it just be that my own hormones are clashing with the HRT and this could just be a temporary problem until my own hormones start to decrease and the HRT takes over?  It's very distracting having this skin reaction as anyone who's had it can testify to.  I hope it's just a perimenopausal thing as I don't really want to give up the HRT because of the many advantages it brings.  Could it be that I'm having a double dose of progesterone from the patches and from my own stores.   I started the skin reaction after starting the conti patch.

pamb x

Cazikins

Re: Perimenopause and HRT
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 02:19:52 PM »

Hi pamb - does the leaflet list this as a possible side effect?
The fact that you have been on them for nearly 9 months & this has only recently started I would think it isn't related to the patches but best get checked out with GP if concerned.
Cazikins x

pamb

Re: Perimenopause and HRT
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 02:11:10 PM »

Thanks for the reply Cazikins.  I'll check the leaflet and see what it says.  I'll probably stick with the patches though and see how I fare over the next few months as hopefully this could just be a one off.  Fingers crossed xx