Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Help. reassurance please  (Read 1184 times)

soozie

Help. reassurance please
« on: September 02, 2018, 05:16:40 PM »

Hi i posted about 3 weeks ago after the embarassment of wetting the bed one night. I went to the doctors because I was terrified it was the sign of some kind of bladder/ kidney cancer - I have suffered from a severe cancer phobia for about 25 years for which I have treatment but when something big like this hits everything I have learnt goes out of the window.
I have had no more accidents  and have done a 2 weeks load of vagifem which my gp said would help. She also gave me vasicare? - whch she said would help an overactive bladder. I found it hard to believe it was just an over active bladder so haven't taken them thinking it might mask my symptoms.
Despite no more accidents I have a constant low down pressure on my bladder. I get up several times in the night and during the day I can be sitting and I get this real uncomfortable feeling low down. It also feel uncomfortable, almost slightly burning, just inside the vagine.
My IBS has flared up and I am getting a lot of stomach and left side pain with constipation. I feel like everything is hurting at once. I am so so tired and am in a real state trying to believe that this can just be menopause. people on this forum kindly resonded to my earlier posts. Please could anyone tell me f they have suffered in a similar way? I am desperate to know if this is not just me. Thankyou

soozie

Re: Help. reassurance please
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 07:04:11 PM »

Anybody?

SueLW

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 07:20:51 PM »

Bladder issues, of many different kinds, go hand in hand with menopause I'm afraid.  As does vaginal atrophy.  The vagifem has been prescribed because it will give a dose of oestrogen to the vaginal tissues and help to plump them up a bit.  It will do the same for the bladder because it's so close.

It is normal for menopausal women to be back and forth to the GP with what they think are bladder infections.  Sometimes they are, because the weakened bladder is prone to them, but half of the time there is nothing wrong.  It feels wrong because it's weak. 

You need to do some pilates exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor and keep on with the vagifem. 

And no, it's not cancer. 

soozie

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 07:25:35 PM »

Thankyou for taking the time to reply. Feeling pretty desperate

SueLW

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 07:39:14 PM »

There is absolutely no reason to feel desperate.  You have been given 2 types of medication.  Use them.  This is such a common, and very uncomfortable, menopause symptom.  It will go away if you use the medication.  For me it comes and goes.  I have a problem not being able to empty my bladder properly, probably because the muscles are weak.  I have to work on those same pelvic floor exercises I told you to look into.

Just take a deep breath and go and do something else.  This is not unusual.  This is just part of the shit-show of menopause I'm afraid.