Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hot only at night?  (Read 1488 times)

pepperminty

Hot only at night?
« on: August 22, 2018, 11:59:19 AM »

Hi ladies, this is probably a rookie question, but I don't get hot flushes but i do sweat at night. Not every night, but it wakes me up and I feel soooo hot. Is this normal? I am on HRT tablet form.

Any thoughts or advice welcome.

Thanks Peppermintyx

aspie65

Re: Hot only at night?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 03:54:28 PM »

Oh that made me laugh.  I have a series of pictures of my husband wearing coats and hats in the house as I am so warm all the time!

SueLW

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 03:58:17 PM »

Its useful in winter, though you do have to watch out for other members of the household turning blue!

Ha, ha!  This is just me.  I'm always too hot.  This summer has been murderous.  I'm still not coping because of the relatively high humidity we now have.  In winter I stoke up the wood stove because I love to see and feel the heat of it, or the open fire in the dining room and I enjoy sitting with it for about an hour.  Then I have to go and sit outside or just give up and go to bed in our unheated bedroom with the window open!

My neighbour, also menopausal, is always cold and wearing layers and scarves all the time.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 05:51:01 PM »

I seem to go hot in the night too.
I wake up sweating, not dripping wet, but sweaty.  :o
I was wondering if it was my hrt not working properly, I'm on tablet form too.

Or it could be, my OH, who is like an oven laying next to me. Lol
I'm telling you, you could cook your breakfast on him, but the thing is, he doesn't
even think he's hot, he says he's cold.....lol..... ::)
He does my head in...... >:(

pepperminty

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 06:55:42 PM »

So I am not alone! My partner is like an oven too, which makes it worse! Funny thing is I can be  cold daytime!

Peppermintyx

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 07:19:56 PM »

Hi,
Mine was like this about a year ago, no flushes/heat in the day, just sweating at night, but unfortunately I graduated to feeling day heat (not sweating) about 6 months ago. I legged it to my gp so fast for hrt that i sweated all the way lol.
Hrt has helped a lot, particularly with the fog, but recently i started getting foggy and sweaty again, so another sweaty sprint down to gp who kindly upped the dose....fingers crossed.🤞

matildamouse

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 03:44:00 PM »

I go through phases of sweating at night, and only at night. I know progesterone can increase your bodycore temperature, but why does it come in phases?

Eating too much sugarry or “bad” food also seems to trigger nighttime sweating...

pepperminty

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 05:18:16 PM »

Thank you ladies, I am not alone! Wonder what the winter will bring!

Peppermintyx

bramble

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 12:45:56 PM »

I'm 65 and still waking up in the middle of the night far too hot. And I live up north so...………….
I have a fan beside my bed all year round.
Bramble