Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Mirena & Evorel 75  (Read 2414 times)

allybally

Mirena & Evorel 75
« on: August 24, 2018, 02:00:47 PM »

I have a mirena coil and have been taking Elleste Solo 2mg  (upped from 1mg).
This was working well until a while ago, symptoms were creeping back, night sweats, mood swings, low mood & irritability, anxiety, waking early hours and being unable to get back to sleep, headaches, terrible skin...
My doc has just prescribed Evorel 75 patches, she consulted the local menopause clinic who recommended patches as they work better than oral oestrogen.
Is anyone on these HRT methods, I would be interested to know...?

Dancinggirl

Re: Mirena & Evorel 75
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 04:15:15 PM »

This is a good combo. Patches certainly can be better than oral hrt - hopefully things will improve now.
I slept so well with the Mirena - maybe you need this better dose of oestrogen.
Mirena with Oestrogel was my best hrt combo but it did take a few weeks to settle. Dg x

allybally

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 07:16:19 PM »

Thanks for your reply, I am feeling positive, the patches are certainly easy to use and am looking forward to an improvement of symptoms soon....

Jacquiemalley

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 07:50:27 AM »

Good morning,  this is my exact HRT combination,  seems to be working well... I sometimes forget to change the patch 😜   Hope it works well for you 😀

allybally

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 09:13:02 AM »

Mrsjam, oh excellent that this works for you, I used to forget to take my Elleste pill,  so surely I can remember to change a patch, even with menopause brain?!

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 04:26:09 PM »

I use patches - but Estradot - and have been using them more or less continuously for 11 + years - I love them :). Hopefully they will work for you too!

Hurdity x

CarryWarry

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 12:36:47 PM »

Hi Allybally

I have just gone to your combo but I also have 3 pumps of estrogel on top. I'm delighted it's all working well for me after 2 years of trying to find the answer. *does a little dance*.  Good luck with it 👍😁

sarastolly

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 08:17:59 PM »

Hi Allybally
I have just started this with The gel pumps, I feel great although only been 8 weeks. My question is, I am still bleeding, I assume from the Mirena, is this normal, it's quite a pain as pre this had hardly any periods. Sorry to ask as not what your post was about, just don't come across many using the same combo x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 08:26:50 PM »

It is quite normal to get some bleeding in the first few weeks after the Mirena is fitted but this should reduce and will often stop completely between 4-6 months. However, only 30-60% of women are completely bleed free with the Mirena.
It isn't the Mirena causing the bleeding, it will be the build up of the womb lining that will result in bleeding.  If you are still peri meno then your own oestrogen will be fluctuating in the background which may also encourage more bleeding. Over time, the progesterone in the Mirena will usually maintain a thinner lining and this stops the bleeding.
Hope that makes sense.  DG x

sarastolly

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 08:38:35 PM »

Dancing girl, thanks so much, I have tried so many variations and the Mirena is last ditch attempt as I cannot tolerate progesterone. It's just the constant bleeding, not heavy but annoying, losing the plot after 8 weeks, just wasn't sure how long to give it. Other than that it's an amazing combo which is why I commented, just want the bleeding to stop 😢

Dancinggirl

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 09:07:37 PM »

sarastolly - I'm afraid you are just going to have to be patient - 8 weeks of bleeding isn't that long - if you are still getting heavy bleeding in 6-8 weeks time, then you may have to reevaluate things.  Hopefully the bleeding will gradually taper off over the next few weeks. If you are generally feeling better, then a bit of bleeding and spotting for a while is a small price to pay. DG x