Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Femseven Sequi Patches Don't stick!  (Read 3069 times)

Greggers66

• First Flush
Femseven Sequi Patches Don't stick!
« on: August 26, 2018, 08:32:39 AM »

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and had my first prescription of HRT Femseven Sequi Patches 2 weeks ago.
Oh my goodness...please can somebody tell me how do I get the flippin patches to stick??!!

I'm supposed to use one patch a week. I've now used three of the week 1 patches in 3 days! I called my GP and she kindly prescribed another box.  Before attempting to use the next patch I went to the pharmacy to ask if I could also use a Tegaderm film to adhere the HRT without affecting the hormone. I was told this would be fine.

So, after a week without using anything, I tried again yesterday. Clean dry skin, firmly held patch in place for 30 seconds as suggested and covered with a Tegaderm film. Within 50 minutes it had creased, come loose and  rolled off AGAIN! 😣

What am I doing wrong? Where is the best place to stick them? Is anyone else having the same problems?

I haven't had the benefit of knowing whether HRT suits me yet, as I haven't managed more than 2 hours between 3 patches! Would an implant be better?

Thank you for reading. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Jo (Greggers66)

Roadrunner

Re: Femseven Sequi Patches Don't stick!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 11:33:25 AM »

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37910.0/topicseen.html

Hi Greggers66

Unfortunately you're not alone! Hopefully the thread above will work. I managed to get them to stick!

RR xx

AnnieR66

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 12:18:08 PM »

Hi, I found  femseven useless at sticking and ended up putting plasters over them!
I changed to evorel which are brilliant at sticking.

Greggers66

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 12:36:26 PM »

Thanks ladies, info much appreciated. The thread about Femseven was really useful, makes me realise I'm not doing anything wrong!
The Tegaderm didn't stay put, but I think it might be better to try in another place.
Will persevere until they all run out! And if no joy, I'll ask about a different brand if combi patch.

Thank you  :)

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 12:55:54 PM »

It's a pain trying to get them to stick. I used to put them high on the buttock and use a warm hairdryer. I also used to hold them for longer thsn the 30 seconds. I was told that if you use something like Tegaderm to hold them in place you won't get the full benefit as the hormones are in the adhesive. Good luck.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Greggers66

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 03:57:55 PM »

Hi Taz

I'd also read that Tegaderm may affect the hormone, so checked with a pharmacist before using. She explained that the hormone is centred within the sticky side of the patch and as it's an airtight patch the Tegaderm would not have any negative affect on the medication.

Regards, Jo

Greggers66

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 09:23:18 AM »

That's Great! Thanks so much for your guidance. I'm down to my last Week 1 patch today! So will try my lower abdomen. Front inner thigh, side buttock and bum haven't worked so far, so will keep everything crossed for my fourth attempt! ;D

I'm desperate to start feeling the benefits of the HRT but feel frustration is building! Lol. Cheers, Jo

enchantedworld

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 01:10:27 PM »

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and had my first prescription of HRT Femseven Sequi Patches 2 weeks ago.
Oh my goodness...please can somebody tell me how do I get the flippin patches to stick??!!

I'm supposed to use one patch a week. I've now used three of the week 1 patches in 3 days! I called my GP and she kindly prescribed another box.  Before attempting to use the next patch I went to the pharmacy to ask if I could also use a Tegaderm film to adhere the HRT without affecting the hormone. I was told this would be fine.

So, after a week without using anything, I tried again yesterday. Clean dry skin, firmly held patch in place for 30 seconds as suggested and covered with a Tegaderm film. Within 50 minutes it had creased, come loose and  rolled off AGAIN! 😣

What am I doing wrong? Where is the best place to stick them? Is anyone else having the same problems?

I haven't had the benefit of knowing whether HRT suits me yet, as I haven't managed more than 2 hours between 3 patches! Would an implant be better?

Thank you for reading. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Jo (Greggers66)

I use a product  Tegaderm, 6 x 7 cm  They are brilliant - no more worrying about patches falling off :)

Greggers66

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 03:21:50 AM »

Morning All

Wanted to thank everyone for the advice and guidance on getting the Femseven patches to stick!

Have FINALLY managed to get my last week one patch to stay on now for almost 20 hours!!....

It was definitely the hairdryer tip that nailed it!!  ;D Firmly sealed to the side of my hip and hoping it stays there until next Monday?!!...

Thank goodness for this Forum!!  :)