Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Is it time to increase to femoston 2/10?  (Read 3272 times)

Lilylight

Is it time to increase to femoston 2/10?
« on: August 21, 2018, 06:21:10 AM »

Hello, any experience or advice welcome.
I've been on femoston 1/10 abt 6 months; took 3 months to settle but then was good. However, last 6 weeks I've had a return of symptoms- the worst of which is endless pmt but also hot flushes, sleeplessness. I also had 2 periods (heavy) within 3 days of each other, which is unusual for me, and then nothing (even though pmt symptoms).
My question is, is this peri breaking through and is it time to up dose? Is 1/10 very low dose? A starter dose?
Thank you

Hurdity

Re: Is it time to increase to femoston 2/10?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 08:13:55 AM »

Your post seems to have got missed!

Yes any bleeding during peri-menopause could be your own hormones breaking through as Femoston 1/10 is a low dose HRT. If your symptoms are returning then I agree it might be appropriate to increase to Femoston 1/10. Several members have reported doing this with success. If you get any abnormal bleeding which you feel is worrying then do consult your doctor although bleeding patterns can be very erratic during peri-menopause and when taking HRT. The further towards menopause you get ( ie cessation of ovarian function) the less likely you will get breakthrough bleeds or your cycle coming through, so it depends where you are along the journey ie what your cycle was doing before you started HRT.

Let us know what you decide?

Hurdity x

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 08:47:17 PM »

Aha
This is me- i have posted too. I felt amazing on 1/10, couldnt belive it etc etc........ then 2 weeks ago....all back. Knew it would be to good to be true! I've upped my dose to 2/10 today, so fingers arms and legs crossed!

Lilylight

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 05:25:01 PM »

Thanks hurdity and good luck sg!
Hurdity, I researched a bit more (on this site and friends) and decided maybe it was time for a change as oral tabs seem to be less tolerated. I wondered whether it was that. Anyhow, I asked gP for oestrogen gel and ugestrogen tabs and will see how I get on. It's confusing as I have good and bad days but I'm definitely having more of the latter and higher levels of anxiety. I think even if I don't need a higher dose, the new options (as opposed to femoston) are probably better.
X

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 06:20:26 PM »

Hi lilylight,
I'm on femoston conti, 1. 1/2 mg /7.50mg.
1mg is the highest they make in the femoston conti, but I find my symptoms are coming back so quickly after each increase I make.
I don't know how far I can go up to on these, so I went and asked for a change today, at the doctors.
But she can't prescribe what I asked for because the progesterone part was flagging up amber on her computer, which means Birmingham GPs can't prescribe it, only a hospital can.
So she referred me off the meno clinic.
I've just about had enough of my anxiety getting me whenever it feels like it, let alone everything else.
When I up my dose, it goes away for a while, then it's like the femoston stops working again, so I increase it. It's starting to get me down.
I'm just hoping the hospital will sort me out once and for all.

Jdx