Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Coming off HRT  (Read 1399 times)

Badga

Coming off HRT
« on: August 21, 2018, 08:41:41 AM »

Hi all

For the past five years I have been using Estrogel and a Mirena coil, mainly due to hot flushes.

At first, I used the two pumps per day of Estrogel as prescribed, but found in the past couple of years that I hardly needed to use any to control the hot flushes, so, when I was due to have my Mirena removed, I chose to come completely of HRT.

This was a couple of months ago now, and I have noticed the hot flushes return.  However, they no where near as frequent as before I was on HRT, even during this very hot summer we are having in the UK, so I have decided to continue off HRT.  My GP says that I can go back on HRT, if I wish.

The other thing I have noticed though, is that I am incredibly fatigued.  Before I went on HRT in the first place, the fatigue was horrendous and quite debilitating.  I have booked an appointment to have a blood test, to check for anaemia (that I have had before), etc.  But, suspect the fatigue is due to lack of oestrogen.

I wanted to ask the forum, if anyone else has experienced fatigue after coming off HRT and how long it will last for please?  Also, any supplements that might help.

Best wishes

Badga xx

Badga

Re: Coming off HRT
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 09:29:37 AM »

Thanks for your reply Dasiybot.  My GP appt is 14 September, I may well ask for some more HRT, given that I also have really bad joint pain as well as the fatigue.

xx :D

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 10:25:00 AM »

Hi Badga if your oestrogen levels are low and they are causing your fatigue and joint problems then hrt is the answer. X

Badga

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 11:24:46 AM »

Thought as much Dotty!  Will see my GP about continuing HRT, at least while I am still working - going bright red and sweating whilst teaching, and snoring in meetings is not good  ;D

SueLW

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 12:03:16 PM »

I can see that snoring might be an issue.  :D

If you are still working and your treatment worked before, I'd go back to it.  Have another Mirena and restart the gel.  There are no medals for surviving without HRT I have found.

Badga

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 04:48:53 PM »

Speaking to my GP tomorrow.  Will keep you posted.
 :)

Badga

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 10:15:41 AM »

Just picked up Evorel Conti from my pharmacy and the first patch has gone on.  My GP said that I can stay on HRT until I am 60.  I am 57 in a couple of weeks.

I have had these before, and they worked very well.  The only drawback is ensuring that the remain stuck on after sweaty exercise, e.g., spin.  Any tips on this would be good.

:D

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 11:10:30 AM »

Hi the age guidelines have changed and there is no time limit for taking hrt.  You can stay on it for as long as you need it . x

Badga

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 01:22:02 PM »

Brilliant!   :)