Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Menopause, Estrogen & The Brain  (Read 4428 times)

Conolly

Re: Menopause, Estrogen & The Brain
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2018, 03:43:21 PM »

Hello ladies,

Thank you for the link, Tempest. Fascinating stuff! The brain ‘reset' analogy is so interesting. That's exactly how I feel.

EleanorB,

Regarding testosterone solo replacement, there are a couple of articles covering this issue, it's a very recent area of investigation, so it's not impossible that it could be an option for some women who have undetectable levels of testosterone but still have low but stable levels of oestrogen. I'm on iPhone now, if you're interested I can post links of these studies later on.

Conolly X

Annie0710

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2018, 12:07:56 AM »

That could really help ladies Connolly that don't have high oestrogen levels ! X

EleanorB

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2018, 09:57:53 AM »

Hi Connolly,

That would be great, i'd really appreciate it. I'm a bit flummoxed as to what to do so any input would be really helpful before I potentially contact my gynae.

As well as an initial violent mood swing into agitation and anger, my period has now come back with the resultant accompanying back pain (caused by endo) that has previously put me in hospital. I was warned that as I was only just into menopause combined hrt without mirena could bring on bleeding. The only good thing about my periods stopping has been a big improvement in back pain. I have also had a four day migraine which may have been the progesterone which makes me hugely wary of a mirena. All in all it looks like any form of hrt may be out which has caused me to feel pretty desperate as I am disabled by my cognitive symptoms.

Apologies, not sure why I am banging on, just feeling desperate and desperate for my former life back. I am going to try melatonin next to aid sleep as I think my insomnia is exacerbating the cognitive issues hugely.

Eleanor

Conolly

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2018, 04:04:00 PM »

Hello Eleanor and Annie,

I think the testosterone sole trial is worthy of investigation. I must dash to have scans and tests done today but you will have those links soon. Don't despair Eleanor, I've been there and it does calm down a bit 🤗

Conolly X
Pages: 1 [2]