Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Any body got good things to say about femosten conti  (Read 1449 times)

crazywomen

Any body got good things to say about femosten conti
« on: August 25, 2018, 06:57:58 AM »

Hi ladies I am almost 49 and 12month period free I have been oon estrogel and utrogeston 100mg For 8month and was doing great up until the last 6 week very low mood,hot flushes back and feeling rubbish a new dr sent me for blood tests but told me it wasn't the hrt causing this ??  Anyway I went back to see a different doctor yesterday she told me I should try a different hrt has my symptoms weren't yet under control so she has given me femoston conti I have to wait until day 26 to take has anybody had good experience with this hrt x

Dotty

Re: Any body got good things to say about femosten conti
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 07:09:01 AM »

Have you tried upping the dose of the Oestrogel? It sounds like you need more oestrogen.

crazywomen

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 07:32:01 AM »

Hi Dotty I upped it to 4pumps I have just felt awful the last few weeks I can't be bothered doing anything and close to tears x

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 08:52:24 AM »

Perhaps you are not absorbing it. How long have you been on 4 pumps? It can take 3 months to feel full effect. It took that long for me.

Femoston Conti has a much lower dose of oestrogen than 4 pumps of Oestrogel but it might suit you better.

crazywomen

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 08:56:58 AM »

Hi I upped it after a month and did feel good but then wham the symptoms come back x

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 10:53:19 AM »

So how long have you been on Oestrogel all together?

crazywomen

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 11:06:01 AM »

8 months

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 11:19:17 AM »

Try the Femoston - good luck. You can add gel to the Femoston to give more oestrogen.

Rosie63

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 03:29:49 PM »

Hi Crazywomen.  I've been on Femoston Conti for just over 3 months now.  I'm about half way through my 4th pack. I didn't think it was managing my symptoms too well and actually went back to see my gp on Wednesday and he agreed to let me try a different regime. I was suffering with sore joints, tiredness, nausea etc etc.  However, the last few days I have really felt some improvement in all my symptoms and have decided to stick with it for a while longer to see if I really have turned a corner.  I know the ladies on here have said all along that you have to give it at least 3 months for any hrt regime to settle down and take effect.  I'm so glad I took their advice.

So, if things carry on as they are, I will be happy to report back positively on Femoston Conti.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed 😊

Good luck !

Rosie63 x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 05:34:24 PM »

Hi Rosie63
I've been on femoston conti since February.
It has worked well for me, no side effects,
But I have to keep upping the dose, because every few weeks my symptoms
are returning, so I went to docs and asked for something else, but instead they've
referred me off to the meno clinic, just got to wait for an appointment to come through.
But as for the femoston itself, it's the only one I've used that's given me no side effects.
Hope you have good results from it, good luck,

Jdx. Sorry, should have said ‘crazywoman'......

« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 08:15:15 AM by jillydoll »

crazywomen

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2018, 06:49:02 AM »

Hi ladies thanks for your replies I can't start femoston for a couple of week yet but will keep you updated on how I get on with it fingers crossed it will work