Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evorel 50 and utrogestan, rage and agitation, advice please  (Read 2488 times)

EleanorB

Evorel 50 and utrogestan, rage and agitation, advice please
« on: August 21, 2018, 10:03:43 PM »

Hi,

Would really appreciate some input. I have only been on half an evorel 50 patch and utrogestan 100 mg vaginal use for 2 days and I have experienced such a huge swing in mood into anger and horrible agitation that I have just removed the patch. Although I have felt low moods previously  and have been managing stress less well, this was a whole different story and very alarming lasting for hours and uncopable with. I am 49 and 12 months without a period and have to use continuous combined hrt due to endometriosis. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? My gynae sent me off with 3 months supply and i've lasted 5 minutes. So upset as I have been experiencing dreadful brain fog and memory issues and currently can't work and was so hopeful for hrt. Is it more likely the oestrogen or progesterone doing this?

I would ask could the rage/agitation Pass but it's so extreme I don't think I could stick it out anyway.

Any thoughts/experiences much appreciated.

Trufflecat

Re: Evorel 50 and utrogestan, rage and agitation, advice please
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 06:37:28 AM »

More knowledgeable people will be better able to comment, but I would say it's the progesterone. Could you stick the oestrogen patch back on and see how you feel then.....just for a couple of days?

EleanorB

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 06:48:26 AM »

Hi Trufflecat,

Thanks for your reply. Guess I need to email my gynae and see if this is possible, then ask for a different progesterone if that's the way to go.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 08:49:33 AM »

Maybe consider a Mirena if you have endo - I believe it often works well when you have this condition.
Talk with your Gynae about the options but an ablation may be a good idea to start with. DG x