Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel & Utrogestan - After 1 year HRT menstruation every 2-3 weeks!  (Read 817 times)

Steffi

Hi, I am 49 years old, in peri and have been using 2 pumps oestrogel (all month) and 100mg utrogestan (vaginally 2-3 weeks/mth). In the last 3-4 months I have been having a period every 2-3 weeks which is quite unusual. My GP said probably not getting enough progesterone, my gynae said probably too high a dose of oestrogel. He checked womb lining which is fine, but said I have an ovarian cyst which may be the problem and stimulated by the extra oestrogen. I have also been feeling on/off a low level of nausea and had some strange digestive symptoms also. 2 mths ago oestrogen was at 1490, last month 750 (after reducing to 1 pump). My mood has also been off during this period, not sleeping as well the last month and feeling edgy and a bit stressed.

I cannot work out whether the extra bleeding it is too much oestrogen but have reduced to 1 pump a day in the last month, so far has made no difference, Or perhaps not absorbing the utrogestan enough - using 100mg vaginally (which is apparently the same as 200mg orally). The Dr who gave me the hormone therapy said to continue as normal but we only have telephone consultations as I live abroad (will talk to her next week).

Any thoughts, advice or similar experiences appreciated?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 07:42:08 AM by Steffi »

Hurdity

Re: Oestrogel & Utrogestan - After 1 year HRT menstruation every 2-3 weeks!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 08:24:49 AM »

Hi Steffi

:welcomemm:

You did exactly the same post on the Estrogel/ Utrogestan support thread and I answered you there - do take a look if you haven't seen....https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23372.0.html

Hurdity x